What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gangstarr - Above The Clouds (listening to Full Clip)
One of my fave songs of all time.

Got Pantera goin on the iphone while I get some of these repairs done in the workshop. First Monday that's been good for a while

Had I'm Broken cranking in my GT5 playlist this morning. Not too bad for hammering down the Nurgurgring at 300 clicks in a Ferrari 599.

Hot Snakes - "Thunder Down Under"

Wish I'd seen them live - this is killer!

Hot Snakes - "Thunder Down Under"

Wish I'd seen them live - this is killer!
Did I ever tell you guys I saw them?

No?

I saw them. Setlist was almost identical to that record. But let me just confirm...yeah, the Bullet Train to Vegas encore is not included on that disc.

Recent listening - early death in june and coil.

Never really like Death in June until I heard some of their very early stuff.

Coil on the other hand are gold almost all of the time.

RIP Peter 'Sleazy' Christopherson who died last week.

Did I ever tell you guys I saw them?

No?

I saw them. Setlist was almost identical to that record. But let me just confirm...yeah, the Bullet Train to Vegas encore is not included on that disc.

you win.

It is an honour just to be nominated.

Getting as excited as a kid the night before xmas.

No sleep till festival is in town next week and the headline act is Megadeth playing Rust in Peace from start to finish. This child of 80/90s thrash metal is over the moon.

Bit weird having them share a stage with a bunch of punk hardcore bands but I quite like that 'genre' as well and I havent seen the Dropkick Murphys before. Frenzal is always a fun gig.

So what am I listening to? Rust in Peace. Nothing else has been in the CD player in the car for the last week. :super:

I did see metallica when they were in town last month but chose the wrong day to go. The set they played the night i went was mainly from the Black album and newer, the night after was heavily focused on the first 4 albums.

Getting as excited as a kid the night before xmas.

No sleep till festival is in town next week and the headline act is Megadeth playing Rust in Peace from start to finish. This child of 80/90s thrash metal is over the moon.

Bit weird having them share a stage with a bunch of punk hardcore bands but I quite like that 'genre' as well and I havent seen the Dropkick Murphys before. Frenzal is always a fun gig.

So what am I listening to? Rust in Peace. Nothing else has been in the CD player in the car for the last week. :super:

I did see metallica when they were in town last month but chose the wrong day to go. The set they played the night i went was mainly from the Black album and newer, the night after was heavily focused on the first 4 albums.

GWAR Dr, don't forget GWAR. A lot of people into metal don't dig them because of the whole costume thing (and really its just a joke gone too far......25 years too far) but their last 4 albums have got them back to their thrashy roots and ******* rock. Its also refreshing to have a band in that genre not being so serious. They're ******* stupid and are aware of the fact. I personally can't wait to get blasted with multi-coloured jizz from the cuttlefish of cthulu. Anyone into the band will understand the statement.
Listening to GWAR, lots of GWAR.

GWAR Dr, don't forget GWAR. A lot of people into metal don't dig them because of the whole costume thing (and really its just a joke gone too far......25 years too far) but their last 4 albums have got them back to their thrashy roots and ******* rock. Its also refreshing to have a band in that genre not being so serious. They're ******* stupid and are aware of the fact. I personally can't wait to get blasted with multi-coloured jizz from the cuttlefish of cthulu. Anyone into the band will understand the statement.
Listening to GWAR, lots of GWAR.

Cheers for the headsup, there is no overlap of the bands in Adelaide so i can watch them all!

Was listening to Cowboys from Hell last night on the 6th year anniversary of the passing of Dimebag. :(

Cheers for the headsup, there is no overlap of the bands in Adelaide so i can watch them all!

Was listening to Cowboys from Hell last night on the 6th year anniversary of the passing of Dimebag. :(

Another good band on early worth checking are 3 Inches of Blood. They do like a modern day harder Maiden type thing with 2 vocalists. This is them at their peak (IMO)

Sadly they've lost the screamy vocalist and one of the guitarists is doing his vocals. Poorly.
And here's some latter day GWAR

They are going to wilt under all that latex if the sun comes out up here.
Should be a good day, the interaction between the old school of metal/punk vs the new school could be worth the price of admisson alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good band on early worth checking are 3 Inches of Blood. They do like a modern day harder Maiden type thing with 2 vocalists. This is them at their peak (IMO)

Sadly they've lost the screamy vocalist and one of the guitarists is doing his vocals. Poorly.
And here's some latter day GWAR

They are going to wilt under all that latex if the sun comes out up here.
Should be a good day, the interaction between the old school of metal/punk vs the new school could be worth the price of admisson alone.

Love the outfits (GWAR), looking forward to seeing them both. Wasn't planning on rocking up early enough to see 3 inches of blood but will have to convince my mate to get there when the gates open.

12 hours of metal mayhem :super:

Last edited by a moderator:
No Sleep Till festival was one of the best gigs i have been to.

So many good bands playing. Really enjoyed Frenzal Rhomb, Dropkick Murphys, NOFX, GWAR and of course Megadeth playing Rust in Peace from start to finish.

Frenzal were their usual crazy self, they dont take themselves seriously and started complaining 8 mins into the set that they had to play for another 30 minutes and had played most of their songs.

GWAR was without a doubt one of the most unique, **** up things i have seen on stage. The costumes were out there but their music was pure metal. On stage decapitations that resulted in 'blood' being sprayed across the crowd. A pig being 'spit roasted'. (All people in costume in case someone takes this literally).

Dropkick Murphys had the most energy, been wanting to see them for ages now. Great combination of irish folk and punk.

NOFX were enjoyable but spent a bit too much of their set taking pot shots at the metal crowd lining up for Megadeth who were next and taking the piss out of Adelaide. I think they were fairly jaded their moshpit was pretty small compared to other bands.

Bands i didnt enjoy were the emo/nu age metal stuff that i am clearly too old to enjoy. Parkway Drive sounded like 80s metal played at 10% the speed. Alkaline Trio was about as heavy/hardcore as Britney Spears and easily had the smallest crowd of the day.

Megdeth blew me away. 20th anniversary of the release of Rust in Peace. Dave Mustaine is a god and Chris Broderick is a freak on guitar. Watching him rip through thrash metal solos whilst never looking at his guitar is testament to his ability.

Next gig is Soundwave in March....

Latest posts

Back