What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know razz I listen to a lot of music, Joe Cocker can/could own any cover song he sang, and Warren Haynes is another. I posted earlier with Warren Haynes joining in on Playing for Change, All along the Watchtower.

Thanks WEAL. To be honest I haven't heard of him before, Haynes, not Cocker. I'll listen some more. Agree on Cocker, bloody legend! I vaguely recall in the 70's he was denied entry to Oz.
Edit. My mistake, he was chucked out for using weed!

Last edited:
Thanks WEAL. To be honest I haven't heard of him before, Haynes, not Cocker. I'll listen some more. Agree on Cocker, bloody legend! I vaguely recall in the 70's he was denied entry to Oz.
Edit. My mistake, he was chucked out for using weed!
Warren Haynes was/is in the Allman Brothers band not sure if they are still active Vini2ton may know.

There is a great version of Neil Young's Cortez the Killer on the YouTube, by Dave Matthews Band featuring Warren Haynes on guitar. Super version, runs for 17+ minutes :)

Check out this cover of Hotel California and tell me you had eyes only on the Fender.

Not a muso playing, but a muso talking.

Over the years I’ve listened to many interviews with Don McLean. Mostly they result from of his tour management popping him up on some radio or TV chat show when he’s in town somewhere in order to spruik ticket sales. He gets asked the same old predictable questions and he gives the same old tired answers, and plays a bit of American Pie or Vincent just to remind people who he is, or was.

But this interview just put out by the Musicians Hall of Fame in Nashville is more the real deal. Its 40 minutes long and it takes about 20 minutes to get down into what makes this master lyricist tick. And there’s a Part 2 to come.

(If you are interested in the history of modern music the same YouTube channel has some other interviews that are worth a listen. I particularly like the background stories told by the un-credited musos that made up the so-called ‘Wrecking Crew’ in LA in the 1960s and 70s. )

Don McLean: How He Wrote American Pie, Vincent and His Friendship with Pete Seeger. Part One

Hey guys,
My band Traumasaur has its first gig tomorrow night, Thursday 24th September, at Moshpit in Newtown.
We're up first at 8pm, followed by Kontrasto, Commodore Charlie, and Avalanche. It's gonna be a fun, loud night!
We've filled the house already, but there's a livestreaming link ($12) if you're keen to watch from home. The stream will be available for the following week too.

So pour yourself a pint of something you brewed that's way too potent for style, get online, get in the action and feel free to sledge us in the comments, as that's where the real fun lies!
Cheers!
Petesbrew

https://www.facebook.com/events/300664947693933/https://zenn.net.au/videostream/traumasaur/ps... and here’s a couple of beers I brewed for our band. Cos every good band deserves a beer!
D293E725-B39F-448A-9876-F779175730E9.jpeg

And check out these two girls (^) harmonising with Mike Masse in a cover of Toto's 1982 classic Africa. Astounding vocals in this. Loud and live too. (only my opinion of course).

(Ten years ago Mike Masse recorded a cover of this same song he and another performed in a pizza restaurant. He uploaded on YouTube and has now reached 14 million views. A singer with range and power.)

Back