What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paulo Nutini - "These streets"
Kings of Leon - "Because of the times"
Arctic Monkeys - "Whatever you say I am..." and their new one "Favourite Worst Nightmare"
Dark Tranquility - "Fiction"
!!! - "Myth Takes"
Neil Young - "Live at Massey Hall" + watching the amazing included DVD of the 1972 show
AC/DC - "Highway to Hell"
High on Fire - "Blessed Black Wings"
Explosions in the sky - "All of a sudden I miss everyone"

Battles new album 'Mirrored'. Experimental Math Rock :blink:

anyone got Ozzys new album Black Rain yet? Jazman? Jayse?

soon very soon i hoipe to have love to hear zakk play

it sounds OK Jaz.
some tunes are better than others that's for sure.
a bit mellow in places.

Apologies in advance to the metalmonsters.

DJ Krush
The Pixies
David Sylvian
The Headz compilation albums

I'm in need of some new tunes. Flcked through my CD collection the other day and nothing really stood out. I need some suggestions, my favourite style of music is:

- Metallica (pre Black)
- Tool
- Pantera
- AC/DC
- Even enjoy a good dose at times of Pearl Jam and The Smashing Pumpkins.

Just something with really good solid heavy riffs. Not really into trash metal, but good hard metal/rock and roll. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Weld
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs (enhanced)
Teitur - Stay Under The Stars

queens of the stoneage - era vulgaris
ozzy ozbourne - black rain
powderfinger - dream days at the hotel etc.

Duff, this one should be right up your alley.
Cog - The New Normal

Otherwise
The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium (spelling probably wrong)
Saosin
Kyuss
Muse - Black holes & Relevations

Gotta reload a lot of these on my Gigabeat. Damn thing wiped itself clean... second time in 4 months.
25 gig GONE! Thankfully I reloaded some off my workmates ipods, but being hit with Frente's "accidentally kelly street", while on shuffle almost made me smash my keyboard in frustration.
Petesbrew

Heavensdust, Hell Yeah, Tool, Lamb of God, Hanzel und Gretyl ...

Seen them playing hell yeah on rage the last few weeks, was watching and then this band came on and vinnie paul was playing drums, I'am like who the hell are these guys with vinnie on drums? classic metal from texas, only heard that song so far and liked it.
Worth checking out is 'rebel meets rebel' the last album dime made. Its with vinnie and rex with outlaw country music legend david allen coe on vocals. Pretty cool album.

Saw lamb of god play a few weeks ago and that show was unreal.

anyone got Ozzys new album Black Rain yet? Jazman? Jayse?

Just having my very first listen right now, got the song 'don't wanna stop' a month ago though.
Let you now what I think after a couple beers and a couple listens, so far so good.......

I'm in need of some new tunes. Flcked through my CD collection the other day and nothing really stood out. I need some suggestions, my favourite style of music is:

- Metallica (pre Black)
- Tool
- Pantera
- AC/DC
- Even enjoy a good dose at times of Pearl Jam and The Smashing Pumpkins.

Just something with really good solid heavy riffs. Not really into trash metal, but good hard metal/rock and roll. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Can't really go past the first Alice in Chains albums 'facelift' and 'dirt' as far as older stuff, I'am sure you must have them two though.

A couple new albums of the top of my head I'd recomend is the new Iron Maiden album A Matter of Life and Death and the new Megadeth album United Abominations.

Can't go past Black Label Society either :super:
If I remember rightly you you lucky ******* have been to a ozzfest and seen Zakk in his prime :super:

Boozed broozed and broken boned.
Jayse

A couple new albums of the top of my head I'd recomend is the new Iron Maiden album A Matter of Life and Death and the new Megadeth album United Abominations.

Can't go past Black Label Society either :super:
If I remember rightly you you lucky ******* have been to a ozzfest and seen Zakk in his prime :super:
Boozed broozed and broken boned.
Jayse

Yup, was a great summer of bands in all places Alabama in 1996. Sepultura opening before Ozz with Zakk, the Pantera/White Zombie double bill, The Ramones and AC/DC.

Have all the Alice in Chains up to the self titled three legged dog album. Will look up yours and Petes suggestions.

Cheers.

Satriani, Super Colossal.
David Gilmour, On An Island. Fell asleep half way through the first song last time.
Will try again tonight.

If you haven't got it already, Wolfmother is fantastic for air guitar.

...but the Wolfmother vocalist sounds like a dying cow!

But seriously it's good to see some semi-decent music back in the "pop" charts.

Back