What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean's having too much fun to care about spelling mistakes.

Beastwars - Blood Turns To Fire

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables

My new Electric 12 through a Vox AC15.

All Bunnings tassie oak with a walnut veneer. Rosewood fretboard (25" scale). That headstock was a mindfuck to make. Jingly jangly!

IMG_4150_zps28ecbe2a.jpg

Wow, you made that guitar????

I am in awe.
What can I say but wow

That headstock looks pretty pro, nick. Nice job.

I'm in Deja Vu and the music isn't Foo Fighters or Red Hot Chili Peppers. So whatever it is is awesome.

It's actually Portishead Dummy so it is also legitimately awesome.

Sweet work there Nick JD. How does it feel/sound?

I am on a contemporary west coast US hip hop bender, Madlib, Planet Asia, Rasco, Peanut Butter Wolf and associated acts.

I only found Damian Marley - Make it Bun Dem through Far Cry 3, I know it is cheesy, but I could keep it on repeat for hours.

+1 nice work Nick JD!

Bizier-While ago you posted Camp lo-say word, good track... never even heard of camp lo before that but pretty sweet.

Remember when a mate showed me "umbrellas" by Peanut butter wolf, thinking "I've got the 'sample on vinyl", sure enough James Mason-sweet power, sitting on the shelf.. been a fan of PBW ever since.

In my opinion Camp Lo are one of the best duos to date. Their rhyme styles are complimentary and they're similarly matched, and importantly neither have gone and made a solo career which has snuffed both of their success. It is good to see them doing stuff with Pete Rock because it is going to be hip hop as f***.

Compare the following examples of their work nearly 15 years apart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBoLTzva1IA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC24lKyAhEI

I acknowledge that "Swing" has another rapper on it, but it is so dope.

Nick JD said:
My new Electric 12 through a Vox AC15.

All Bunnings tassie oak with a walnut veneer. Rosewood fretboard (25" scale). That headstock was a mindfuck to make. Jingly jangly!

IMG_4150_zps28ecbe2a.jpg
What pickups did you put in that?

edit: Looks great btw

lukiferj said:
What pickups did you put in that?

edit: Looks great btw
They're el cheapo chinese $14 the pair! Heh heh - sound pretty good considering. They're placeholders for a Gibson 490T and R, but TBH I might leave them in there.

It's my take on a Rickebacker 650, 'cept it has a wider nut and the strings round the right way (octaves on top). Volume for each pickup, blendable.

Still needs finishing - needed to make sure the headstock config worked.

Back