What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melvins: Honey Bucket

@bum: never been a fan of kraftwerk myself (although it's possible I just need to hear the right track/record in the right context) but their contribution to a lot of the stuff I do love is undeniable.

I gave up watching rage years ago on account of the horrible crap that kept getting played.

I must be old.

New:
Meshuggah (I am not a Meshuggah fan but am enjoying this)
3IOB (not bad, more of the same)
HOF (as per above)

Band of the moment: Ancestors.

@bum: never been a fan of kraftwerk myself (although it's possible I just need to hear the right track/record in the right context) but their contribution to a lot of the stuff I do love is undeniable.
I'm not really saying everyone should like them. Horses for courses and all that. Totally valid position. But if you're sitting there programming Rage with cameras pointed at you and you say that you don't get what the big deal is with Kraftwerk as The Robots is their only "catchy" song then I'm going to wonder how the hell you got to be programming Rage in the first place since this is obviously your first go at music.

Yeah I was kind of agreeing with you. You can not be into a band but still recognise their influence as being significant. I'm not (so far) into kraftwerk much but a hell of a lot of music that makes me tick might not exist without them. I'm not a huge fan of throbbing gristle either but without them possibly 50% of what I listen to 90% of the time wouldn't exist.

Bit of a suicidal tendencies arvo, suicidal failure, always puts a smile on my face. Followed up with institutionalized and i saw your mommy

New:
Meshuggah (I am not a Meshuggah fan but am enjoying this)
3IOB (not bad, more of the same)
HOF (as per above)

Band of the moment: Ancestors.
Which 3iob? The second one.....name escapes me.....has deadly sinners on it..... That's their high water mark.

Yeah I was kind of agreeing with you.
Yeah, I was more just addressing the idea of your parenthesis as well as underlining my original intention. As I say, perfectly valid position. Doing what they did and being everyone's cup of tea is basically logically impossible anyway.

Which 3iob? The second one.....name escapes me.....has deadly sinners on it..... That's their high water mark.

That's from "Advance and Vanquish"... for me it had a %30 strike rate*, the next one (Fire up the blades) had %40 strike rate (less cool songs but the cool ones were super cool), 3rd one is "Here Waits Thy Doom" which was produced by Jack Endino and is totally retro and very cool for old NWOBHM fans like me, the new one is called "Long Live Heavy Metal"...as I say more of the same and I have not yet come to a verdict...certainly some great, epic tunes on it.

*I'm drunk - 'strike rate' in this context means good material, the percentage represents the total album obviously.

Rowland S Howard: Exit Everything

Just watched autoluminescent and the CD was just sitting there, winking at me.

In a sad, melancholy way of course.

Started off with Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Then on to Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Now it's Bad Religion - No control

God only knows what's next.

Grain crushing, heating strike water, Baroness - Blue.

Outkast - B.O.B

I kinda don't like being into this band but this beat is VICIOUS and the chorus hook is pretty amazing. But it would have been better had Big Boi sat this one out (as per).
There was an underground graff video that used this to great effect shortly after it was released. I love how the first verse starts straight with the beat after the intro. I recently went through an early Outkast binge (Hootie Hoo) and I am a Big Boi fan, excepting the latter commercial stuff. Unfortunately for him Andre is Mr Supercharisma.

It is always the dynamic of the two MC crew that inevitably one is more prominent and preferred, but the recipe still requires both for it all to work. I am still waiting for the Organized Konfusion reunion.

I am listening to the O.K. self titled album now, but was previously listening to Visionaries - We Are the Ones, I did not know that they had done anything since Sophomore Jinx, very good.

Dope

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently went through an early Outkast binge (Hootie Hoo) and I am a Big Boi fan, excepting the latter commercial stuff.
Yeah, this is probably my issue with him - I'm never heard anything prior to Stankonia. I'll check out that record and see if I dig him any better.

Spent the day with my 5yo daughter, so I stuck on a kids hits mix for her (while it's a painful trip down "crap music memory lane" it's more bearable than listening to Nova).

When Barbie Girl came on, I was mesmerised by her take on the lyrics.

"I'm a Barbie Girl
In a Barbie World
My boobs are plastic
It's fantastic
If you brush my hair
I'll smack you with a chair..."

missed the rest because I was too busy laughing my head off.

It doesn't take much to get the die-hard fans crawling out of the woodwork, does it?

Brewday in the shed today, it's time for some Celph Titled and then something heavier, like Walls of Jericho.

Brewday in the shed today, it's time for some Celph Titled and then something heavier, like Walls of Jericho.
Every time Clutch responds in this thread, I get an overwhelming urge to go listen to some Clutch.

50000 Unstoppable Watts!

Back