What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sour and vicious man that Dave :icon_cheers:

DAs_poster.jpg

My 11 month old's walker lets him roll around the house and grab stuff. Last night he grabbed a bunch of dusty CD's out of the tower and scattered them about on the floor.
I didn't mind picking them up though as it was like a trip down a 90's Aus rock memory lane.

T.I.S.M.
Machiavelli and the Four Seasons

Spiderbait
The Unfinished Spanish Galleon of Finley Lake.

Regurgitator
Tu-Plang

Grinspoon
Guide to better living ( Pats riffing comes straight out of the HELMET songbook, but it's still cool)

Austen Tayshus - Put Down That Stubbie - No idea where it came from. Sony cd in a plain case.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 11 month old's walker lets him roll around the house and grab stuff. Last night he grabbed a bunch of dusty CD's out of the tower and scattered them about on the floor.
I didn't mind picking them up though as it was like a trip down a 90's Aus rock memory lane.

T.I.S.M.

Spiderbait

Regurgitator
Tu-Plang

Grinspoon
Guide to better living ( Pats riffing comes straight out of the HELMET songbook, but it's still cool)

Austen Tayshus - Put Down That Stubbie - No idea where it came from. Sony cd in a plain case.

Sounds like a lot of the stuff out of the back of my CD cupboard! God knows what is in there, Prefer Vinyl and MP3's (so I don't wear the vinyl out!) these days.

Now Listening:

T.I.S.M.

Spiderbait

Regurgitator
Tu-Plang

Grinspoon

After this blast from the past:

Regurgitator, Music is Sport.
Helmet, Meantime and Milquetoast.

At 1:32, possibly the greatest guitar rock movement in the world.

At 1:32, possibly the greatest guitar rock movement in the world.

And I suppose you think Queens of the Stone Age are better than Kyuss? Because that's the way Mastodon have gone. Lame.

Cover of a song by the most underated rock band of all time, "Free"

And I suppose you think Queens of the Stone Age are better than Kyuss? Because that's the way Mastodon have gone. Lame.

First of all, no. QOTSA, while listenable occasionally, annoy me. Kyuss, on the other hand, are the kings of desert sludge.

Secondly, the track I linked to has nothing to do with "the way Mastodon have gone". It's from their 2004 album Leviathan.

Thirdly, I have expressed my reservations about the latest Mastodon album in this thread a few weeks ago, and "the way they have gone"

But thanks for playing. You get the wooden spoon for talking out of your ass :lol:

Currently mashing my "calibrate pale ale" to try and work out my system once and for all (before buying an immersion heater for myself for an end of degree gift and suddenly swapping systems altogether), anyway: Band - Intronaut, album - Prehistoricisms. The doom hounds should like this band, but is full of awesome jazzy fretless bass work and some tasty chunky rifffage here and there. Nice.

Coil - Hellraiser (from unreleased themes for hellraiser)

Dead Kennedys: Kill the Poor
Yeah!

I actually haven't got Fresh Fruit, and haven't heard it in years, and for what it is worth I would gladly trade Bedtime and even Frankenchrist for it.

I have listened to the following today:
Pete Rock and CL Smooth - Goodlife
Grinderman
Ghostface - Ironman
some Danzig

Fresh fruit was the first DK album I ever got (taped from a friend back in Year 9) and it remains my favourite, despite all the others having great moments.

One reason I love discogs so much - I can enjoy all this stuff in real format rather than downloaded files.

First of all, no. QOTSA, while listenable occasionally, annoy me. Kyuss, on the other hand, are the kings of desert sludge.

Secondly, the track I linked to has nothing to do with "the way Mastodon have gone". It's from their 2004 album Leviathan.

Thirdly, I have expressed my reservations about the latest Mastodon album in this thread a few weeks ago, and "the way they have gone"

But thanks for playing. You get the wooden spoon for talking out of your ass :lol:

I know what album it's from, and although I'm surprised it was from as long ago as 2004, that's when they started going off (for me in anycase) Didn't bother buying Blood Mountain.

Anyway weren't you supposed to berate me for not having done a search on "What Silo Ted thinks of Mastodon" before posting?

I guess that means you got the flag?

L-O-Fkn-L

Call me old but, a triple album download from itunes of The Allman Brothers, two of which are live.

Nice. Gotta be in the mood for this sort of stuff, and have the missus out of the flat before I can play that sort of stuff. Blasting Bongzilla is ok by her, but not 60's and 70's stuff. She's weird. She'd have to be to live with me.

Now Playing BOM Radar, waiting for some rain to cool things down.

Hot on the heels of my Aus rock nostalgia fest I decided to keep dusting off old compact discs.

Antichrist Superstar.

What was I (not) thinking back then?

What ******* garbage. Lightweight, shrill, treble dominant faux metal.

I used the cover as a drinks coaster and hung the disc near the berries to frighten birds. Witch it will probably fail to do. Unless they're easily frightened.

Manson did marry Dita Von Teese, so I'll give him credit for his taste in women.
But he couldn't make it stick.
Figures..

Latest posts

Back