What are you brewing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well while we're all unzipping, getting them out and measuring, the Pliny tops the lot at 289 IBU's :beerbang:

Now now brewers,going to have to take the strap to you :p

Batz

Trying to work out whether to put another batch on, the bohemian pilsner is down to 1020 so another day or two and it gets racked and lagered. I'm thinking of either an aussie ale style one or a mad-ass experiment into belgians like:

Has anyone noticed that the style guidelines for belgians basically mean that you can do anything?

If you are unsure, always, but always make that other batch. Unless you decide you don't like beer after all, only good can come of it. :chug:

You can probably bump up the melanoidin and the crystal in that recipe a bit. But as you say, belgian means do what you like. Woohoo! :super:

Have not brewed for ages on account of buying a house and was supposed to shift.

Now after finally working out that we cannot shift till around xmas my back has packed it in again.

Was hoping to brew this weekend, but will not be now. Just an APA to get stocks up a bit again.

Oh well, Suppose i can drown my sorrows with the Rocheforet 8 clone and the rye IPA.

cheers
johnno

did the j1 again but a bit dif and a mongrel dortmunder type lager and this weekend a cap

Racked the triple to secondary today, up to 8% ABV so far. Coopers Bavarian Lager (+ 250g DME, 20g Tettnang) bubbling away happily at 16C - making a Carlton Mid type brew for the old man.

APA tomorrow, all is prepared for a 6 am start. 80 g each of cascade and amarillo to go in 20 lt, should be enough. :p

Cheers, Andrew.

I just pitched/poured a no-chill English bitter onto the (semi-washed) yeast from the previous batch (NNL Sparkling blonde).

The yeast is the same that I used for the NSW Xmas in July beer, which had a Fresh Wort pack (NNL) poured on top of it. I bottled 1/2 and kegged 1/2 tonight. Then I boiled and cooled about 1.5 litres of water and chucked it in on top of the yeast cake. Next I tapped off (after sanitising the tap) most of the lower layer of the yeast slurry into the next cleaned fermentor. Chucked the 25 l batch of Stone's Best Bitter clone on top and stirred to aerate a little more. Plenty of aeration (already) from tipping the wort from a height on top of the yeast slurry.

Fingers crossed for a very drinkable session beer at around 3.5%.

Seth :p

Bottled the Stone's Best Bitter clone last night, and currently have the day off work.

It's a Nth German Pils this time, with 5 kg Weyermann Pils malt and 28 IBUs of Hallertau Mittelfrueh plugs. Step mash, and I'm just doing the mash out now. That can rest a little while, until I've finished some other tasks.

Seth :p

I've just finished a nice summer APA but now want to do a Pilsner in readiness for the warmer beer drinking weather.

About to lager my 2nd ever AG (Pilsner), pitching my 3rd (APA) and trying to decide what to brew this weekend for my 4th. Thinking of going for an ordinary bitter.

I was a bit worried about how long AG would take, but it's all pretty much set and forget. Love it. The only bit I have to sit down and watch carefully is the boil. Perfect time to grab a brew and stare at the Nasa.

And it's all thanks to this website, with special mention to Gerard of ND Brewing fame, and the Hills Brewers Guild.

My fiance hates you all.

Coughing and spluttering I have just started two partials:

Munich Helles - Tried a double decoction with the grain portion-very interesting. Made a huge difference to the clarity of the run-off.

and

Kiwit- Partial version of the Kiwi fruit based Wit in this months BYO.

Both fermenting vigourously - taste ? well, waiting till the end of the week for an SG sample.

T

And it's all thanks to this website, with special mention to Gerard of ND Brewing fame, and the Hills Brewers Guild.

My fiance hates you all.

Thommo, she just hasn't had a chance to get to know us yet!

To fix this, I think there should be a HBG table at the wedding :lol:

We won't cost you much as we'll bring our own beer! :p

Put the idea to her tonight and let us know how you go ;)

I consider myself a pretty brave bloke Sam, but I'm not that brave.

Then again, if you guys got an invite to the wedding, I could put a grain crusher on the gift register. :chug:

hahaha

exactly! Barley Crusher?

Actually, just explain that it will save money on the big day as you won't have to pay as much for beer as I'll put my hand up to bring a couple of kegs for the masses! If we (HBG) all rally together we could get 6 kegs there easy!

Just give me notice so I can brew enough to make sure they're full!

Maybe even hold an AG demo at the reception! :lol:

Just let us know the date Thommo and we'll all chip in to supply that bar!

I have an Aussie Pale Ale (pushing the 7% barrier) ready for bottling this weekend, in time for wetting the head of our first bub! :chug: :beer:

And once the lovely missus gets the hang on sterilising the bottles I'll see if she doesn't mind doing a few dozen more while she's at it.

[
Maybe even hold an AG demo at the reception! :lol:
[/quote]

Lets talk to Stuart on Monday night, maybe we hold the reception at the Beer factory ! :beer:

We''ll even through in a complementary family membership of the HBG, What girl could ask for more?

I'm going through a minor Bindi period just now having done The Dreaming AAA last friday and tomorrow I am doing his Dicky Beach Red. Can't wait to try them both out knowing how good his AAAs are.

cheers

Browndog

I'm going through a minor Bindi period just now having done The Dreaming AAA last friday and tomorrow I am doing his Dicky Beach Red. Can't wait to try them both out knowing how good his AAAs are.

cheers

Browndog

Doing Bindi's AG Hefeweizen tomorrow, hope the smackpack of 3333 will wait till then, Cap'tn she's about te blow!

Doing Bindi's AG Hefeweizen tomorrow, hope the smackpack of 3333 will wait till then, Cap'tn she's about te blow!

Good yeast choice!Keep it @20c and revel in the banana/bubblegum nose over the wheaty/quenchy finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back