What Are We All Doing For Australia Day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As mentioned earlier, BBQ brew day. Anyone is Bris who is at a loose end or free, feel free to come along. PM for the details.

Cheers

Going camping with my family, and parents. Expecting my sister/brother and their SOs to drop by too.

Taking some kegs, and my smoker for a low&slow pulled port, and my weber q :)

Should be fun :)

mckenry said:
WOW Jonathon. What a farking ripper looking day. Are all those people somehow related to your parents??? If you read my Oz day a few posts back, you'd invite me to yours out of guilt :lol: Looks like a really fun day.
I'll be trying to find something to talk (yell) about with these guys

728bb6bc327343963bd3fb938113a297Retired_People.jpg
Ha Ha , Nah mate me and my mates just take over their farm because it's a ripper venue. The olds are allowed to invite a few friends too.
If anyone ever want's accommodation in Portland check them out.
www.trewallaspringsfarm.com

Liam_snorkel said:
haha. Dick jokes.

"I love dick, and the taste is a beauty, why else would thousands be trying to get here?"

[media][/media]
I can't believe the censors pulled dick off for being too offensive.

mosto said:
Was taking the family to the wife's sisters place near the beach for the weekend, but the wife and her sister have had a blue, so heading further inland instead and taking kids to Dubbo Zoo. Hoping to have a feed at a pub with some interesting beers on tap that night, but being Dubbo, I'm not holding my breath. Pity, the sister in law lives near HopDog BeerWorks, so was going to pay their cellar door another visit. Oh well.
Pubs in Dubbo aren't awesome (well they weren't last time I was there), but you'll get some good steaks and most places have at least got coopers on tap. Dubbo zoo is awesome though. Did work experience there when I was in high school and it was bloody terrific. Don't know if the emus still wander around un-checked, if they do, hold on to your sandwiches cause the buggers will sneak up on you a pinch it out of your hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
JDW81 said:
I can't believe the censors pulled dick off for being too offensive.
crazy hey. I think it was because ads in that time slot have to be 'G' rated - and this was deemed to be 'PG'.

FFS

The way things are shaping up the wife will be giving birth to number 2 as she is due on the 28th.
So I will be sitting there trying to be supportive while being sworn at ...look what you have done to me you F****ING *******.
I love the looks you get from the nurses as they silently agree with your wife, ...yeah mate this is your fault look what your putting your wife through, selfish prick

What a glorious experience birth is but why can't it wait till a non public holiday work day?
Got 80 liters of beer in the fridge ready to wet the baby's head, hopefully the baby is born Tomorrow or Saturday so I can have beer or 100 on Sunday and Monday

Cheers
Chris

TasChris said:
The way things are shaping up the wife will be giving birth to number 2 as she is due on the 28th.
So I will be sitting there trying to be supportive while being sworn at ...look what you have done to me you F****ING *******.
I love the looks you get from the nurses as they silently agree with your wife, ...yeah mate this is your fault look what your putting your wife through, selfish prick

What a glorious experience birth is but why can't it wait till a non public holiday work day?
Got 80 liters of beer in the fridge ready to wet the baby's head, hopefully the baby is born Tomorrow or Saturday so I can have beer or 100 on Sunday and Monday

Cheers
Chris
I shall drink aggressively each day just in case (or perhaps 'regardless' would be more accurate)...hey, it's the least I can do!

I'll be brewing my SMaSH entry for the West Coast Brewers SMaSH comp in April

TasChris said:

Cheers
Chris
What happened to the good ol' days when the father wasn't allowed at the birth...you had to sit at the pub with your mates and wait for a phone call.

wbosher said:
What happened to the good ol' days when the father wasn't allowed at the birth...you had to sit at the pub with your mates and wait for a phone call.
and there was minimal involvement in child rearing until they were old enough to take down the pub.

Ahhh the old days

Helped a mate move house today - the new place is walking distance (1.4km) from tipplers tap / green beacon.

Some people have all the luck.

Working still. Fire up weber when I get home for some smoked low and slow lamb leg. Cricket, beers, hot 100 etc. My pants will be staying on.

Well my plan turned to shite.. just back from interstate, split up the Riwaka, loungroon and dining room smell awesome!! Now I can start to get intimate with the Keg of Apollo APA thats been in the fridge for 3 weeks now :beerbang:

:drinks:

Back