What Are We All Doing For Australia Day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked pork shoulder (cracking my smoking cherry today!!) heap of beers with some mates and JJJ playing some good ones and some shit....grumble...

Didn't get around to brewing. Made some jerky, getting through the chrissy swap beers and just about to watch Running on Empty which will be followed by another classic aussie movie maybe Midnite Spares or Mad Max or maybe even Two Hands.

Not up to much here, pissing down rain so our Aussie Day thing has been canceled. There are cane toad races at the pub later this arvo if I feel like heading down.
Just sitting back and drinking a Kostritzer schwarzbier.

jlm said:
Washing bugs off ute after december's long drive. Mowing lawn. Not eating lamb.
Ha. Still haven't washed those bugs off, and after many trips up and down the Midlands this year there's a thick crust forming. Mowed lawn again today. Actually eating lamb tonight, I feel so patriotic.

Plans fell through so I've got some ribs and a pork roast on the webber. Drinking a growler of Zephyr.

probablynathan said:
Plans fell through so I've got some ribs and a pork roast on the webber. Drinking a growler of Zephyr.
Dave got that thing pouring eventually then..........

Brewed an ESB, sat around in the pouring rain mostly. Drinking Hop Hog though.

Breakfast at the beach, went for a swim, brewed two brews, watched an old Aussie movie "The Nugget"- not a bad film at all, well worth the effort. Now doing a stink on our local community radio (6-10pm) playing classic aussie music (of the popular variety). Good day all round. And its finally raining - water tanks getting very low .....

Green beacon is awesome.

Fuckwits next door having a triple J party are
Ruining the ambience a bit but the beer is fantastic and the stainless steel is jizzworthy

The wife and I had a great day at a family BBQ in Newtown, Geelong. It's also patronised by some of the local food & wine society folk. They always open 5-6 magnums of hard to find reds. This year I got to line up a growler of US IPA next to the magnums. The winos' went for it! I was shocked and stunned and a little amazed.

i am about to carve a butterflied lamb leg that hs come off the weber along with beetroot and zucchini also webered and watching the smack and giggle.

Was planning to build a sweet pulley for my grain bag

Damn bunnings only had one left and i needed 2

Looks like its BCF after my hangover finishes

Have to remember the car is somewhere betwixt Green Bacon and Tipplers :huh:

I only found out it was Australia Day today an hour ago! I assumed it was on the Monday and wasn't following the date (on leave at the moment.)
Australia Day fail!

haha guy next door was like that I was working there and he went out to get some plumbing fittings and goes. eagles is not open! I was like its australia day ya knob haha. He was like OH! well get it tomorrow. I was like they closed tomorrow and monday :rolleyes:

Yes fail for sure!

I did wonder why I got RBT twice driving 5 minutes to the beach and back, but it still didn't quite register.
Had a nice day all the same, BBQ beach beer , every day is Australia day chez moi.

Latest posts

Back