West End Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houso

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Any suggestions for a kit for West end Draught??

<biting tongue>

Try a Coopers Lager can, dextrose and some pride of ringwood hops.

<biting tongue>

Rusty nails might also help ...

Jokes aside, use a mix of 250g dry malt and 750g dextrose in a coopers lager kit (try to find a lager kit that has the latest use by on it so it's fresh) use a lager yeast and ferment cold if possible, or use a clean ale yeast like US56.

<biting tongue>

Whats this? Tangent developing a conscience all of a sudden!! Jeez he must be feeling ill or something - poor bloke! Hehehe

:chug:

:) i did bite my tongue!
i was raised on that stuff <shudder>

we all started some where pitty in SA it was there. swapped to coopers by time i was 15 though.

I started in S.A aswell but been havent had West End for a while thought i might give it a go. :chug:

Ex South Aussie as well. I was weaned on a mixture of Southwark and Coopers Stout :blink:

Wow. Bet that moved all the hair off your head and onto your chest!

when i left school i almost lived on Coopers HB stout. the old story - 25C with a kilo of sugar :wacko:
and we found when we were teenagers if we put Southwark Bitter in the fridge, Dad wouldn't drink them all :chug:

Hey,

Easy to knock West End draught. Try and make one from grain (just for kicks) and see how hard it really is. No short cuts there.

cheers

Darren

Tangent,

If you judge it for what it is it isn't to bad. Maybe I am thinking of the premium range?

cheers

Darren

pilsner 108? :D
i agree, people bag "megaswill" but it's not so easy to make a beer-bogun happy with homebrew

coincidence that the recent marketing term "cashed up bogans" spells CUB? you be the judge...
(i know it's LN not CUB that make Worst End Drought)

No Southwark Premium,

Wasn't too bad the two years ago I tried it

Probably dont make it anymore, who knows?

Shat all over the CUB range

cheers

Darren

No Southwark Premium,

cheers

Darren

It's still around see Here,hav'nt had one for a couple o years either,clean and refreshing from memory.Draught has always tasted like dishwater to me.coopers(now defunct) draught was pretty rugged as well.

No Southwark Premium,

cheers

Darren

It's still around see Here,hav'nt had one for a couple o years either,clean and refreshing from memory.

Was slightly malty too from memory. Maybe that was when they first bought it out.

cheers

Darren

I think i am interested because my parents still live there and every time i go West end is my only choice and after 2 days of drinking it it becomes really good.

Dude,
The whole point of homebrewing is to brew something that tastes good.
Why bother assing about trying to clone WED when you can buy it for feck all at the bottlo?
By the time you buy the ingredients, and factor in a few hours or screwing around, you will have spent more than the carton of piss would have in the first place.
I think alot of people in Australia undervalue their time, and sheesh, 10 hours spent trying to re create a crap beer for scratch, seems like either some truly false economy, or fanaticism.
But if you have time to waste, be my guest.

A bit elitist there, don't you think? Let the man take his own journey.

Latest posts

Back