Welder suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally finished that bloody table :D Excuse the dodgy iPhone pics...

I ended up using 10mm steel for the sides of the legs and 5mm for the horizontal pieces. It's a little bit wobbly side to side, I had no idea 10mm thick steel would have that much flex in it! But it shall do.

Thanks for all of your help, I'm now welding like a boss!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don't know anything about welding, and I'm going to hold off until I know exactly what it is I need, my car is rusty and will be getting stripped hopefully not too long from now(a few months.) Basically, as soon as my parent's divorce settles and I know where it is I'm living, and secondly, once I find an Alfa Romeo Milano Verde which I so dearly have my heart set on 😄 (cars are my life so I need something to occupy me while I repair the two!)

In the meantime ill be going to college and learning about Bodywork and Welding, but id love to practice in the meantime, especially as I'm always thinking of projects which I simply cannot do because I can't weld yet!

Anyways ideally I need something gentle enough to do bodywork as professionally as possible, I want to get it right the first time, top rated plasma cutter secondly is there something in this category that could also be used to make strong welds for the body(chassis braces, etc) as well as weld stainless steel exhaust components(planning on teaching myself how to mandrel bend as well, even if it takes forever!)

If theirs, not one welder that can do all this that's fine, but I at least need to know what I should be looking for, also like to get something that I could be happy using for the rest of my life, I don't want to buy cheap now and then just replace it in 2 years because it couldn't do everything I needed it to

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back