Weihanstephaner And Matso's Mango

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillihilli

Reaction score
Hi there, just thought I'd mention I tried a couple of brews last week whilst in Perth...

- Matso's Mango - Only had a sample out of pure curiousity and couldn't go any further. Love mango's, just not in my beer. Smelled great but don't think I could down a pint.
- Weihanstephaner Wit - My kind of beer. Wheat beer, not to heavy, nice and cloudy and a little fruity. Ice cold out of the tap. Very nice.

Cheers!

They sell Weihanstephaner in my local in Margs, damn tasty but at $13 a pint, id rather have a (close) HB clone!

Hi there, just thought I'd mention I tried a couple of brews last week whilst in Perth...

- Matso's Mango - Only had a sample out of pure curiousity and couldn't go any further. Love mango's, just not in my beer. Smelled great but don't think I could down a pint.
- Weihanstephaner Wit - My kind of beer. Wheat beer, not to heavy, nice and cloudy and a little fruity. Ice cold out of the tap. Very nice.

Cheers!

I'm off to Kunnanarra before easter for a couple of weeks, where I believe I can get Matso's beers. I'm looking forward to trying them as the brewer appears to be not afraid of invention. Those I know up ther ATM like the mango beer but aren't beer fanatics like some of us

Cheers!

Was that at Clancys fish pub in Fremantle or Applecross? They've got dedicated taps for micros in WA. It's a good place to check out if you don't have time to go to many micros but would like to. Freo would be great for this. You can go to Little Creatures, Sail & Anchor then head down to Clancys for more samples.

Was that at Clancys fish pub in Fremantle or Applecross? They've got dedicated taps for micros in WA. It's a good place to check out if you don't have time to go to many micros but would like to. Freo would be great for this. You can go to Little Creatures, Sail & Anchor then head down to Clancys for more samples.

Clancy's in Fremantle has the Mango beer. the Mango is impressive but cant taste the beer. Couldnt finish my pint!

Clancy's in Fremantle has the Mango beer. the Mango is impressive but cant taste the beer. Couldnt finish my pint!

The one in Applecross just rotates the beer on the tap. There's one for Nail, Matos, Little Creatures, and one other but it's been a while since I've needed to go down there.

The Weihanstephaner dunkelweizen is another amazing drop worth trying. It seems to the harder to find of their range though.

'Twas the Adelphi Steak House under the Parmelia Hilton in Mill St.

I do want to get out to Freo to check out LC, just haven't found the time to do it yet. I'm there pretty much every month so might do it next trip.

'Twas the Adelphi Steak House under the Parmelia Hilton in Mill St.

I do want to get out to Freo to check out LC, just haven't found the time to do it yet. I'm there pretty much every month so might do it next trip.

I seem to find time when O'Henry sends me an sms saying they've got something new on tap.

Buzz me when you're heading down and I'll join you.

I could do with a beer. Why am I still at work? :chug:

Latest posts

Back