website for beer ingredients

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzbrew

Reaction score
Hey guys is there a good web site which lists ingredients of beers? I just bought 10 diferent ipas and am keen to work out which hops are in them so that I can learn what each taste like.

Dazzbrew said:
Hey guys is there a good web site which lists ingredients of beers? I just bought 10 diferent ipas and am keen to work out which hops are in them so that I can learn what each taste like.
Its one of those things that the more you have of the styles, the more you can pick them.. knowing what hops are in there does not always lend itself to replication though.. where to put how much is always the hard bit when deciding to clone or replicate an 'inspired by'

Email the breweries direct.. they are often forth coming with information

I dont want to do a clone of them just want to be able to put a hop name to the taste. In view of learning what each hop tastes like. I already have a few worked out going off what is listed in brew builder clone recipes.

Why not list what you bought here. Sure people on here can help with some of them

Beechworth brewery did some brews using single hops ? Dunno if they are still a available also try the James Squire hop thief for tasting as it uses 2 hops,then compare with other beers that you know that use the same hop/hops and see if you can pick them.
Maybe do your own Smash beer to help you learn.
Cheers....spog....

Sounds like a good idea for a case swap. Same grist, different hop...

Thanks guys, i basically just grabbed a heap of pales and ipas without reading the labels, some of them i am familiar with but some not. The first three im trying (which i found clone recipes on brew builder for) are Siera Nevada pale (all cascade aparently) little crearures pale (aparently cascade + chinook) & fat yak (aparently cascade + nelson sauvin).
Other ones I have to try are;
4 pines pale which according to the label has 4 dif hops in it as does the bridge rd beechworth pale.
I also have kosciuszko pale (no idea), vale ipa, feral hop hog, sierra nevada torpedo & little creatures ipa.

Back