Water Profiles Wanted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amiddler

Reaction score
Hi All,

As part of some Microsoft Excel training I am doing for work I am building my own water profiling tool, just like what beersmith has.

If anyone has a water profile for there area that they would like included please post it here. I will offer out the file when it is completed. I did a small search and have a couple from the Adelaide area and my own Geraldton water.
Please include Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Sulphate, Cloride, and Bicarbonate or Alkalinity as CaC03

Drew

Hi All,

As part of some Microsoft Excel training I am doing for work I am building my own water profiling tool, just like what beersmith has.

If anyone has a water profile for there area that they would like included please post it here. I will offer out the file when it is completed. I did a small search and have a couple from the Adelaide area and my own Geraldton water.
Please include Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Sulphate, Cloride, and Bicarbonate or Alkalinity as CaC03

Drew
Drew I was around Cats75 drinking his porter and bitter last weekend when he showed me a watercorp report on Joondalup. I'm sure he would be happy to send you it if you pm him. I'll get one for my area and send it across as I'd be interested in your file and have been meaning to get my profile anyway. Prob is I am south of river and i'm lead to believe that they switch our water between dam and bore so the profile via watercorp will be inaccurate.

G'Day all. will be happy to send through the water profile for the Wanneroo area. It was dated March this year I believe. just give me a week or so as I am away on business at the moment and wont be home in Perth until next week.

I have just found that I can't upload the file. I presume because it has macros which are a part of the sort functions for the list of water profiles. Is there a way I can post the file?

Here is a working copy of my water profiler. Please tell me if anyone gets any errors so I can fix them.

Disclaimer: Most of the Australian water profiles I have found had a large range so I have averaged them. I know this isn't accurate so if you have an exact water profile please change the data in the profiles tab. It has been made with Excel 2007 and can't be opened with 2002-2003, the formulas will not be copied across. All calculations match Beersmith so I am sure the maths works well. Make sure you enable macros for the sort function in the profiles sheet to work.

Drew

I have removed the macro's on the profiles page so they no longer sort but the calculations have been tested Vs beersmith and are all 100% spot on, presuming beersmith is correct <_< . As I said before I will not claim any accuracy with the water reports. To check your water I suggest you seek advise from your local water corporation.

Drew

View attachment Water_Profile_No_Macro.xlsx

Hi All,

Drew
Water profile for Mandurah WA

Calcium 11
Magnesium 3.9
Sodium 35
Chloride 70
Sulfate 7.75
Alkalinity (CaCo3) 24

I am told that our water supply comes from Bunbury !

Alan

I have just realised non of the lists have come through on the file. I will look into it later tonight. Sorry to those people that have down loaded the file and thought, "Gee this is $hit."

Drew

Mt Yokine WA (from lab report)

ppm
Sodium, Na 121
Potassium, K 7
Calcium, Ca 31
Magnesium, Mg 9
Total Hardness, CaCO3 115
Nitrate, NO3-N 0.2 (SAFE)
Sulfate, SO4-S 13
Chloride, Cl 201
Carbonate, CO3 < 1