Water Conversion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibast

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new member. Been brewing for a while and I have done a few all grains, so I'm starting to look at some finer details.

I recently did a pale ale, which was quite good, but a little bland. On the next one I'm going to up the cara a bit, but I also want to get the water a bit heavier.

Is there any sites that do water conversions.

I'm in Sydney.

Thanks

Just got the full version of pro mash and looking at the water profiler, so I'm interested too.

Cheers,
Jarrad

Welcome to the forum ibast.

You can find out your water composition by following this link.

Strange the ways this hobby leads us. Never thought I'd be looking up such info. I have yet to try to adjust my water but am thinking of trying this soon. Anybody else noticed a difference from doing this?

Thanks guys. Between the two I should be able to get it a bit closer.

I have tried putting some in in the past, but I've been too busy to do all grain since the begining of the year, so I've forgotten what I was putting in.

It wasn't very scientific anyway. Just a few teaspoons of a couple of different things.

Gypsum and chalk from memory.

It does give it a different dimension. A bit tangier.

I just need to quantify what I'm doing a bit better.

Thanks again

If you want to easily work water profiles for specific styles, try this freeware program BreWater 3.0 by Ken Schwartz. I find it much easier to use than ProMash.

Brisbane brewers can find a Brisbane (Mt Crosby) profile for BreWater here.

cheers,
Colin

Latest posts

Back