Was Johnny Howard A Fan Of Belgian Beers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"The order of Trappist monks got it right - keep your counsel and maintain hope." - John Howard quote from the following URL.

[post="0"]Linky[/post]

I wonder if this means that he was familiar with Trappist products?! I can just picture him kicking back with a couple of Orvals...

url linky broken. i cant imagine jh being a fan of beer, let alone orvals. more likely tea & cucumber sangers :eek:

More likely that someone on his staff found the info on google when searching for something related to what they wanted to say.

This link should work... (although the only interesting part was the comment about Trappist monks)
Link

More likely that someone on his staff found the info on google when searching for something related to what they wanted to say
Of course, one of his speech writers is probably a big fan of Belgian beers.

Edit: sorted out link

Really? Was it a xxxx shandy by any chance?

Howard tees off into a life more ordinary
Perhaps he has a penchant for ordinary bitter, except on special occasions when its extra special biiter, our how about a sour old Flanders Red???? woops wrong colour, ouid bruin then,and for Lib Launches a Chimay Blue....

K

Well, what did Menzies drink?

I guess VB is another guess given all those cricketers who like it so much they're on the ads for it. :rolleyes:

Belgian Beer? Comes from overseas (by boat) and isn't American.
It's not a matter of what beer he likes but what beer the polls suggest he should be seen drinking - which probably means the local poison in each state.

Latest posts

Back