• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[wanted][vic] Min 35l Boil Pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siborg

Reaction score
I'm looking for a minimum of 35L capacity boil pot or something that I may be able to use as one, ie. old kegs. This is the main thing holding me back from doing AG at the moment. Anyone have anything they may want to depart with for a bit of cash?

40L is the perfect size for single batches, especially you plan on doing BIAB.

It's always better to have that extra head space to avoid boil overs!!

Alu, being soft, is also easier to work on. Drill a hole, install a tap and pickup... voila, instant mash/kettle.

Siborg..
foodutensils.com.au have ally pots 20% off at the moment.
e.g. 80lt $141.00 less 20% They have smaller ones also.
Cheers
PJ

I usually get my pots from chefland (I think that's what it's called) near the corner of church and victoria st in Richmond. They have a range of sizes and qualities, and have aluminium and steel. I usually go for the lowest quality steel ones as they are fine for my purposes and have even stood the test of time. I got a 40L steel pot for about $60 IIRC. There is a place near the opposite corner (i.e. north west of chefland) that I got a 120L SS pot at for about $80 and has served me very well for big batches. I find that Chefland is usually cheaper, but it's always worth looking at both places.

Siborg..
foodutensils.com.au have ally pots 20% off at the moment.
e.g. 80lt $141.00 less 20% They have smaller ones also.
Cheers
PJ
Cheers for the link. 40L for about 80 bucks. Not too bad.

Also check Asian groceries etc for large stockpots. I got a 38 L stockpot from an asian run miscellaneous goods and gifts place for $50.

Anyone flogging some old kegs? The kind that can be converted into keggles?
Bloke, you'll probably find that it will be difficult to find anyone with old kegs that are willing to part with them.This is because in Australia , the kegs always remain the property of the brewery.
Due to oh&s , they do not sell them once they reach the end of their useful life.If they do appear on evilbay , they are always removed very quickly by mods. Same if they appear on here....
However...
You can buy them from this mob....

http://www.kegking.com.au

Cheers
Ferg
no affiliation etc...

What suburb/shops?

I found mine on Sydney Rd, Brunswick. Not sure if it was a regular stock item. I'll walk past some time this week and see if they have any more.

There's an asian supermarket near Victoria Market in the city called minh Phat. Otherwise Victoria street richmond has a few and there'll be loads in Footscray. You might have some luck in Box Hill and Springvale as mentioned above. Don't forget Chinatown in Lt Bourke st.

I just picked up a 43 litre stainless from springvale at a bargain

I also got 2x 98's and 75l

Latest posts

Back