• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Ss Vessels, 150-200l

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donmateo

Reaction score
I'd like some larger brew gear, and am looking to buy two stainless vessels between 150L and 200L.
I'd be using one for a boiler, and the other for a mash tun.

Please let me know if you are looking to sell something like this.

I can't help you with the vessels, however stainless steel 44 gallon drums come up on ebay sometimes. Also i have seen a pic of someone using a HDPE 220L drum as a mash tun, you can get these pretty cheap.

Edited to add- here's a 300L stainless stockpot, but its a bit exxy. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MASSIVE-COMMERC...=item231114dd5f I've seen stainless 44's being sold for less than $200 before.

I'd like some larger brew gear, and am looking to buy two stainless vessels between 150L and 200L.
I'd be using one for a boiler, and the other for a mash tun.

Please let me know if you are looking to sell something like this.

Hi Don Mateo

Again, not selling anything but making up larger boilers out of recycled solar hot water storage tanks is pretty easy. I've made a couple up to 120 litres. I've used both 150l and 300l tanks for my vessels. Work out how long you need them for the volume. Cut them off with a jigsaw and appropriate blade. Cut a secod ring deep enough to weld onto the bottom so it sits flat and acts as a heat shield. Add whatever taps/syphons/fittings you want. The extra holes through the end can either be patched or I've just bought stainless caps and screwed them on. It's been a couple of years, but the tanks have cost between $50 and $100 (you can get two 120L vessels out of 1 300l tank!) A relatively cheap 100l brewery. Camp shop 4 rings burners do a mighty job. Only problem might be they could be a bit tall if you want 200L.

Cheers

Andrew

Hey Don, Andrew there reminds me.... Pete at Boronia HBS has a system using a recycled hot water system tank. Might be worth picking his brain :)

I recall looking for 200l 316ss drums some years back. From memory Vissy comes to mind, anyway they were about $1100 new which gives you somthing to gauge off.

Smashin

that's a big thing your looking for Matt, I think the techni ice eskies may be a shot for the mlt, not too sure about a kettle though ?

good luck

Look on the interweb thingy for auction houses/recylers etc that deal with industrial equip. They usually buy out whole factories and sell of the peices.

Graysonine springs to mind.

I have a stainless 44 gallon drum I'm looking to sell however I'm in Lilyfield in Sydney. If you can organize a courier you can have it for $180 (which is what I paid for it).

Let me know

Jez

Thanks Jez, I'm very happy with the drum, it arrived this morning.
Thanks also for the construction suggestions guys, I'll look into this as well.

I'm still on the lookout for another stainless vessel, so please let me know if you are looking to sell something like this.

Have you seen this topic Sourcing large S/steel pots that was after the same thing recently?
My money would be on the winequip vessels. Sure the base doesn't have multiple layers like a 'pot' but it would have to be better than a stainless drum?

Back