• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slcmorro

87 Warning Points. Bad Boy!
Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm chasing hop rhizomes. Whatever I can get basically, I've got a bit of a spot to grow them now so hit me up! Happy to collect them, pay for post and pay/trade for anything you might have. Please let me know :)

Way to early mate try again in 3 months

I will have Golding and POR to give away this year, maybe some others as well.

I would prefer pick up and am not keen to mail out so if you can organize to have someone mail them to you they're yours. I have sold a few rhizomes last couple of years but don't plan on selling any this year due to to many HF's.

The main reason I sold rhizomes the last 2 seasons was because I was new to hop growing and was experimenting with propagation and so on. I've tried to pass on a few tips about propagation so that there would be rhizomes aplenty around this year. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding them.

Excellent. I've sourced Goldings and Cascade already... home brewers are a good bunch :)

I'll definitely go for some POR, but I'm pretty stumped when it comes to getting it from SA. Any rhizomes I receive/buy over what I can use/plant, I'll be sure to pass them on to other brewers in my area.

hoppy2B said:
I will have Golding and POR to give away this year, maybe some others as well.

I would prefer pick up and am not keen to mail out so if you can organize to have someone mail them to you they're yours. I have sold a few rhizomes last couple of years but don't plan on selling any this year due to to many HF's.

The main reason I sold rhizomes the last 2 seasons was because I was new to hop growing and was experimenting with propagation and so on. I've tried to pass on a few tips about propagation so that there would be rhizomes aplenty around this year. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding them.
Hey there hoppy2b

I'm in SA and pretty keen on some POR.

Have scored some cascade from diggers which should arrive tomorrow or Monday- will post photos when they get here

Brett

Can't see where you are at on my phone, but I will have a couple of Columbus rhizomes up for grabs this year if you want to pay for shipping or can pick up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, if you or anyone has excess cascade they would like to swap for it too that would be great! Mine failed last year QQ

Ninegrain said:
Can't see where you are at on my phone, but I will have a couple of Columbus rhizomes up for grabs this year if you want to pay for shipping or can pick up

Hi Ninegrain

I feel like im cutting in on slcmorros thread here but i would definately be interested in purchasing a Columbus or two rhizome off you if your happy with posting down to Tassie

Cheers

Russ

I may have some Hallertauer depending how big the rhizome is when I dig it up
Would love to swap for some Cascade or EKG if anyone is keen

Yob said:
Not allowed to post rhizomes to taste due to quarantine laws
well that sucks how do we get hold off some hops down here in Tassie then?

Hey ninegrain, where are you (on phone so I can't check)?
I'm keen for some cascade (or galaxy), but I'd be tempted with Columbus. How's it growing where you are?

Hi all

My Diggers.com Cascade arrived today- picture attached

Pretty good for $12.50 I think. (without postage, I think that was also $12.00 but had a mate go in so it was only effectively $6 each)

Casacde hops.jpg

Latest posts

Back