• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last question

If you do the 1/2" upgrade - do you get both shafts?

As I have a 10mm chuck, I obviously need a 3/8" shaft and if I upgrade and only get the 1/2" shaft, I have no drill to move it?

Are you guys direct-driving with that motor, or reducing it through a chain/pulley/woteva?

That almost sounds *too* easy... Surely you did something to complicate the construction? :D

heres what im planning. simply and im sure i'll bugger it up.

Mill mounted over bucket thingy. Bracket mounted near mill so I can just just slot drill in and turn it on and leave it going (I can set speed on my electric drill).

EDITL really high tech drawing attached :)

View attachment draft_mill_unit_plan.pdf

1. WWWH (Sydney)
2. Dicko (Canberra) 1/2 inch shaft
3. pbrosnan (WA - Dianella) 1/2 inch shaft
4. peas_and_corn (Adelaide suburbs - Northeast)
5. bugwan (Melbourne, inner west)
6. Citymorgue2 (Melbourne, Eastern suburbs - nunawading) 1/2 inch shaft
7. jel (Adelaide - Henley Beach to Unley) 1/2inch shaft
9. TDA (Adelaide) 1/2inch shaft please.
10. Dravid (Campbelltown)
12. Thirsty Boy (inner city Melb)
13. Iann (Adelaide - Clovelly Park) 1/2inch shaft
14. The naked brewer (Melbourne, Blackburn)
15. Gruntus the Flatulant - Grant (Sydney, northern beaches) 1/2 inch shaft
16. Barramundi (Melbourne -West) 1/2" shaft

Sorry chief, we're out. For $5, I'll just order it here. Save buggerising around with money transfers, etc etc etc

Sorry chief, we're out. For $5, I'll just order it here. Save buggerising around with money transfers, etc etc etc

PM

Your choice mate... I really don't care.

Out of interest, you save US$10ea for the bulk buy, US$5ea for the upgrade... I'm the one doing the 'buggerising' around, I can't see why you are concerned.

It's very simple... but again, it's your choice.

Last question

If you do the 1/2" upgrade - do you get both shafts?

As I have a 10mm chuck, I obviously need a 3/8" shaft and if I upgrade and only get the 1/2" shaft, I have no drill to move it?

Sorry guys

Just bumping my question - anyone want to answer my stupidity?

I would imagine the shaft is part of the roller. Can't see them making detachable shafts.

C&B
TDA

Thanks TDA,

So in essence, If my drill chuck is 10mm or 3/8", there is no point in upgrading at this point unless I buy a new drill

no bloody wonder it took 2 months to get gas connected at my house......you never bloody do any work! :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Steve

Haha

I was worried this sort of comment might arise... :p

email sent, going to upgrade - this will force me to motorise it :beer:

Just waiting on 'Peas and Corn' and 'Gruntus the Flatulant' to email me then I can send out all the details.

do we get the crank handle as part of the buy? Pumpy recons we are all soft as butter for not hand cranking

Back