• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted Bottles - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davelovesbeer

Reaction score
After last year giving away 16 doz longnecks, and then a clean out aftermoving house, I am now out of bottles.

I am after about 30 longnecks to put a batch in for the xmas case swap in Sydney..

PM Vitalstatistix.

I'm of the understanding he has a few spare, he dropped some around here the other day for me to use in the case swap.

So many people say that but I just wouldn't be able to 'dumpster dive' for bottles.....

There feels like so many things wrong about it.

I know the feeling. I always get weird looks when I go through the bins of my own building the night before collection. Because its well lit and right next to the train station loads of people walk past when I'm doing it.

Hi again Dave,

I've got a mate who goes through resch's long necks like theres no tommorrow.

I'll see if he can save some for you & I can drop them off next time I'm over your way.

How soon do you need them?

Jez

So many people say that but I just wouldn't be able to 'dumpster dive' for bottles.....

There feels like so many things wrong about it.

Oh ok. In my neighbourhood we have shallow plastic tubs for recycling instead of otto bins. Makes ferreting bottles out of peoples recycling a lot easier & cleaner!

I know the feeling. I always get weird looks when I go through the bins of my own building the night before collection. Because its well lit and right next to the train station loads of people walk past when I'm doing it.
Look, you guys are just not taking this craft seriously enough. I ask passers- by at my workplace for a leg up into the industrial and recycling bins. Then once I'm in there I hand stuff out for them to put on the ground or in the back of my chariot. Ah bugger 'em- those mostly pathetic sheep already think I'm a weirdo anyway. Good- job's done properly now then! :D

Now, if it weren't for industrial bins and someone prepared to climb into them, none of us AHBers would've got a share of the couple of grand- worth of Schott bottles! (Well sorta...) :p

Now, if it weren't for industrial bins and someone prepared to climb into them, none of us AHBers would've got a share of the couple of grand- worth of Schott bottles! (Well sorta...) :p

Yepp, and some of the Northern Beaches Brewers already using them. Thanks again.

On a different note, went to the Eurofest on Sunday avo, Grolsch and Schwelm swingtop bottles got thrown out!!! Not recircled!
Took a bag full home.
c1b

I've tried asking my local for any bottles, but they ignored me. Or maybe it got lost in their inbox.

Yepp, and some of the Northern Beaches Brewers already using them. Thanks again.
No sweat, cheers for handing them around. I'm already getting asked questions about their use by your mob! :icon_cheers:

Oh ok. In my neighbourhood we have shallow plastic tubs for recycling instead of otto bins. Makes ferreting bottles out of peoples recycling a lot easier & cleaner!

went out last night and did exactly that. I live in St Peter in Sydney which has a local brewery by the same name. Was quite suprised to find that 95% of the non-twist top long necks i found were all from the local brewery. Good to know he is selling beer to locals.

No sweat, cheers for handing them around. I'm already getting asked questions about their use by your mob! :icon_cheers:
That might be, but others are already hard at it.
yeast_cultivation.jpg

tumi2, that sounds like an easy way to go from PET to glass, good work :lol:

On the topic of yeast starters, is it as easy as splitting a vial of whitelabs into a couple of the said glass bottles canon1ball was handing out on Saturday and throw in some DME?
Already gotten some great advice from RdeVjun on how to do this, just asking for feedback from others as well on harvesting used yeast vs splitting a new one.

(thanks for the bottles again, RdeVjun!!)

thanks
Bjorn

On a different note, went to the Eurofest on Sunday avo, Grolsch and Schwelm swingtop bottles got thrown out!!! Not recircled!
Took a bag full home.
c1b

bugger!!! Only thought of that once i left.

Latest posts

Back