• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: a freezer for a keezer build .... SEQ (BNE)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maheel

Reaction score
I am looking (but in no rush) for a freezer to turn into a keezer

looking for something for 3-4 keg plus a little cold storage
or 3 kegs plus storage...

prefer cheap but if in VGC happy to pay fair price

any locals her in Brisbane got something of interest ?

PM me

cheers

i been keeping an eye on gumtree for a while and theres' been a few pop up but i'm never sure on the size suitable to fit 3-4 kegs. 215L maybe?

I have a 165 litre (like a Tuckerbox) Westinghouse keezer build slowly taking shape atm.
60 bucks on Gumtree.
With a 200mm collar the westy will fit 5 corny's comfortably; no compressor hump.
I've never had 5 kegs full at the same time in my life.
But it's good to know that if it ever happens, then i can deal with it.
Harry

yep been watching gumtree ....

thought there might be someone around with an excess freezer.....

I've been watching Gumtree in brisbane too, haven't seen much. I'm going to end up buying a brand newie I'd say, as the main reason I'm changing to as keezer is that my old converted fridge kegerator is chewing too much power. At least I know a brand new one will be more energy efficient. I'll just have to sacrifice on size and only fit 2 kegs in. 3 if I'm lucky.

I got a good fridge plus a chest freezer for $80 through gumtree, just had to deal with the seller, waited outside his house in the rain for 45mins, all calls and and knocking were to no avail, and this was a pre-arranged pick up!

When he finally woke up at 10am and opened up the shed we had to move couches and other furniture out to get to the fridge and freezer at the back of the shed... so yeah gumtree is great for a bargain but man the sellers sometimes make you work for it!

good luck with the hunt,

also you should do a saved search and get daily or weekly email updates when a suitable ad comes online :)

Just picked up my new freezer! Got it from Gumtree, They wanted 200 but I got in for 150. Around 4 years old, fisher and paykel, 215L job. Just had to drive out to petrie to collect it...

Will fit 3 kegs in without a collar, which was all I'm after. Perfect for me!

manson81 said:
Just picked up my new freezer! Got it from Gumtree, They wanted 200 but I got in for 150. Around 4 years old, fisher and paykel, 215L job. Just had to drive out to petrie to collect it...

Will fit 3 kegs in without a collar, which was all I'm after. Perfect for me!
Im looking at getting one of these. Do you reckon it'll fit in the back of a hatchback?
A 2002 mazda 323 Astina if you want to get specific :D

Is it a slimline model Manson? If so they fit 4 without a collar.

Cheers

It might fit in your hatchback mrtawky. Measures up around 750x630x900(h). I had to use a trailer, but a mandatory would probably be right!

And not sure it it's the slimline, but I guessing not cos I'm pretty sure I won't get 4 kegs in. Only had two empty kegs and haven't lugged another two full ones downstairs to test it yet. But if I can get 3 and my gas in, I'll be perfectly happy!

Latest posts

Back