• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted : 30lt Urn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fents

Not a Beer God
Reaction score
On the lookout for a 30lt second hand Urn, if anyone see's one anywhere for a good price lemme know. I would prefer one in Melbourne, but will pay postage if the price is right.

Im keeping my eye on ebay but nothing yet...

Cheers.

G'day Fents,
Mikem108 may be able to help you. he bought one off me and then stumbled across some more being thrown out at work ! I'm unsure on his setup but it's worth sending him a PM.
Cheers
Doug

Won't be parting with that baby any time soon, used it first time on the weekend and it really helped to keep a good flow of sparge water going without the usual stop start that I used to have.

If it helps, one of my early HLT's was an old fermenter with a cheap kettle element in the side.

Not a great long-term solution, but you can do it in the time it takes to make a cup of tea and it'll do the job for a year or so if you're desperate.

G'day Fents,
I didn't stop to think about my own system...
If you are interested...
I have a 34L Ally pot with an 1800watt element installed (ex dishwasher). And is controlled by a Controlli YC3 Thermostat., It has a Mashmaster Thermometer, sight glass (Polycarbonate) and a hose barb in the lid so you can just connect the hose and fill without holding :) It has a standard brass ball valve.
I'm looking for around $140 for it and I would expect freight to be around $30 or so.
The only reason I'm selling is I scored a 40l urn with a 3000 watt element that was being thrown out at the Tip :super:
I guess the funds from this can go towards a mashmaster HLT controller for the new unit :rolleyes:
Cheers
Doug
PS I know the water will tip out in the picture but my Mac dosen't seem to translate the flipped image to the post :blink:
HLT.jpg

I don't suppose a 20 lt job would be any good to you ?

I could do with a 20lt...what do u want for it?

Doogie i'll have a think about that for a bit if i can...looks very well made and setup, but for approx $200 (yours will end up costing me $170) i could get a new 20 or 30lt birko urn...Although ur's does have some trick features (thermostat and thermometer) which could persaude me...Hold tight i'll hit you up soon once i've had a think.

The only reason I'm selling is I scored a 40l urn with a 3000 watt element that was being thrown out at the Tip
3000W is going to pull more than 10A current at 240V?? Can your home supply cope with that?

3000W is going to pull more than 10A current at 240V?? Can your home supply cope with that?

Yep, no probs. 80 amps coming into my property, 25 amps into the shed where my rig is. I run a HD power cord from my house for my 1800 watt Herms setup, pump etc and run the urn off the shed circuit which only has relatively low powered gear running off it (apart from the urn).

Cheers all i'll keep my eye on it. And if all else fails, Doogie expect a PM ;)

Latest posts

Back