• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: 10l-20l Urn - Electric

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewaldo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Yes I know I just sold an Urn (40L one) but now I'm chasing a small urn.

If anyone has a 10L or 15L electric Urn I'd be very interested. I'll consider a 20L too if the price is right. I'd prefer stainless steel.

I'm not too fussed on condition (I don't mind if the element is dead either), as long as the price is right.

Cheers,

David.

I was at kmart today and they had urns there. They were that red coloured brand that is really cheap. (i scored a coffee grinder of the same brand for $12, how do they even make them for that price?!)

Hi ekul, do you remember what size and price they were, and were they plastic or s/s?

brando, I'm planning to use it as a HLT for my new Braumeister. Once the (almost full volume) mash is complete a small sparge of 5-10L can help push up the efficiency. Its also handy to have a bit of hot water around on brew day. I don't want a big one though as they take up a bit of room :)

Cheers,

Hi ekul, do you remember what size and price they were, and were they plastic or s/s?

brando, I'm planning to use it as a HLT for my new Braumeister. Once the (almost full volume) mash is complete a small sparge of 5-10L can help push up the efficiency. Its also handy to have a bit of hot water around on brew day. I don't want a big one though as they take up a bit of room :)

Cheers,

Nope, but i'm sure it would be pretty cheap. Does kmart have a website?

hmmm Thanks ekul, just found this one, but its a tad small at 7L Kmart Urn

The reason I don't mind if its broken is because I can easily add a cheap kettle element and I have a spare thermostat if required :)

Its a shame the kmart one isn't a bit bigger, the "keep warm" function might be close to sparge temp. Oh well the search continues (daily ebay checks too)

I've got a 20 and 30 litre I probably should sell as they are just taking up space in my shed. Only problem is I am in Newcastle.

Back