Want To Make The Beer Stronger

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xknifepointx

Reaction score
Okay I just bottled my hopefully successful attempt at Coopers Pale Ale, I added 500gm Dextrose, 250gm Light Dry Malt, 250gm Maltodextrin and used SafAle yeast.

just bottled and it looks okay.

now I have to choose what I do next, in front of me I have a can of Cascade Spicy Ghost, four cans of Coopers Pale Ale and one Brigalow Apple Cider.

I also have 2kg of Dextrose.

is it possible to use the Spicy Ghost and add maybe 1.5kg of dextrose to make a stronger beer? or will it affect the taste, fermentation or some other problem?

I want a beer about 7%, can it be done with just extra Dex or do I need to also add something extra?

If you use that much dex you'll probably get a pretty watery and cidery beer. Use one of the ale kits instead and do a toucan (2) brew. it'll get you up to the mid to high 6% alcohol region.

yeah put in another 1-1.5kg light malt extract, liquid or dried

2 cans of coopers pale ale, 500g dextrose made up to 23L should get you up around 7% once bottled.

use both packs of yeast, or (preferred) buy some better yeast.

I second OM39A's idea - do that one for sure! The dex combined with the malty goodness from 2 cans of CPA will give you a nice, strong, flavoursome beer.

Latest posts

Back