Visiting Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Sydney cbd, don't forget Jame Squires on King St Wharf & Redoak in Clarence St (you either love their beers or think they are missing something....).

If you can get into Newtown (an inner suburb) try to sample the brews from the St Peters Brewery - especially the Killagh stout & ST Peters blonde (n.b. they only sell in the local area).

+1 for making the trip out to Paddys @ Flemington Gerard makes some great beers - although I hear they may soon be available at selected pubs in the city! harts?

that black IPA sounds tasty!

keep us appraised of your plans & you might end up with some drinking buddies / brew day invites ;-)

I also recomend the Macquarie Hotel in Sydney, When i was there last in Feb i had there 6 beer tasting platter, you get about 250mls in each glass and its only $15! Well i thought it was cheap!

By the way...nice forum!

It is a great forum, thanks for the compliment, all the answers I need anyway.

I find, the Swan Valley of Perth is great for afternoons with friends and a few pints (Elmars, Duckstein, Mash Brewing) while Fremantle (Sail 'n' Anchor, Little Creatures) is better for the night time with a better night life.

Drew

I like the look of that dark recipe...got all the grains..

would Dsaaz be a sub for saphire...

+1 for making the trip out to Paddys @ Flemington Gerard makes some great beers - although I hear they may soon be available at selected pubs in the city! harts?

Paddy's Pilsener is already on tap out at Harts. Bloody good beer too.....

Make sure you seek out Tooheys New whilst in Sydney. Very rare beer, but well worth it if you can get your hands on some.

hell yeah, and whatever you do get your hands some xxxx gold while your here.

matt

Well, I just found out that we're arriving on June 18th, not July. We'll be in Perth until the the 26th or 27th, and in Sydney until the 2nd of July. We'll be working for 4 days while in Perth.

Dave

I am sure a few of the WA brewers would be happy to catchup with you for a beer.

Check out this thread for some pointers in Perth, I can recommend the Brass Monkey for some good beers on tap.

Previous Similar Thread

Cheers.

I am sure a few of the WA brewers would be happy to catchup with you for a beer.

Check out this thread for some pointers in Perth, I can recommend the Brass Monkey for some good beers on tap.

Previous Similar Thread

Cheers.

Thanks Raven19!
Sorry not to get back sooner, but the power has been out today. Life in the mountains!

Dave

Black IPA

All temperature measurements are degrees Fahrenheit.
All infusion amounts are in Quarts.
All infusion ratios are Quarts/Lbs.

Its hurting my brain...

Once I convert this I think it may be a goer. Clancy's for the win. Do they still have the 'Hop Hog' on tap?

Well, my wife and I will be in Perth this July. We'll be working at a trade show, but will have a few extra days there, as well as a few days in the Sydney area. Any favorite pubs or homebrew things to see or do? Or maybe some must have beers to look for. Oh yeah, 1st time to Australia, and we're coming from northern California.

Thanks,
Dave

The Iconic Sail and Anchor brewery is definately worth a visit, great ESB off handpump. Also Colonial Brewing company down in margaret river (wine region of Western Aus) has a kolsh which won best beer in show at the international beer awards.

There's always a funny bugger somewhere. :rolleyes:
But actually try Tooheys Old.... one of the only megaswills here with real flavour.
+1 for Ruhk's Hills Brewers invite. I'm sure we can make an exception for an OS guest!

On that note why not try WA's Swan stout! great beer

Where you been mate, Swan stopped brewing that gem about 3 or 4 years ago.

Well Ive been in Denmark for a year, but i had it just before i left. long neck bottles, unless im going mad they are still doing it...?

Latest posts

Back