Village Idiots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LNP in South Brisbane gave there votes to Labor so that the green candidate would not defeat Deputy Premier Jackie Trad seems like they are on the same side one little gang working for big business how can LNP survive a friend refers to them as lunatic Nazi Party.
Labor pass legislation to force/make preferences compulsory. Labor and LNP then do deals to ensure key party candidates keep/gain their electorate. That way the planned leaders and ministers will be in place for either party.
Think.of it as the big 2 being coles and woolies with independants being IGA.
When it comes to the big grocery shop(election) most will begrudgingly go with the big 2 because they can be confident and familiar and they all look the same. Where as with IGA, you go to them for little things and convenience.
Unfortunately QLD will be in for another 4 years of dirty deals and blind eyes.

Well fortunately its a short cycle about 2&1/2 years to the next state election.
As a relieved Ex-Queenslander and one who remembers Joh Bjelke-Petersen, a few corruption enquiries, the absence of an upper-house, gerrymander politics and more recently a certain red headed fish fryer....
A plague on both their houses, voters get the government they deserve, keep voting for fuckwits and wondering why your arse hurts....
Mark

Ok I'm being bitter - maybe all the extra sun bakes the brain, it might be a medical condition, but pretty hard not to argue that the further north you go, the further to the right people move.
M

Well fortunately its a short cycle about 2&1/2 years to the next state election.
As a relieved Ex-Queenslander and one who remembers Joh Bjelke-Petersen, a few corruption enquiries, the absence of an upper-house, gerrymander politics and more recently a certain red headed fish fryer....
A plague on both their houses, voters get the government they deserve, keep voting for fuckwits and wondering why your arse hurts....
Mark

Ok I'm being bitter - maybe all the extra sun bakes the brain, it might be a medical condition, but pretty hard not to argue that the further north you go, the further to the right people move.
M

Bloody daylight saving

Mark

M

Says everybody, every election. Beside pissing and moaning about the minor imposition of actually voting.
I'd honestly love to see a minarchist candidate get up. Here you go people, we'll provide basic services, a framework of security and law and beyond that, mind our own business.
And by the way, if your poorly run bogan car company is to ******* inept to produce a product people want to buy, dont come cap in hand to us asking for 2.7 billion dollars to prop it up.
Then the citizenry can get finally get the society it deserves. Now thats the kind of fuckwit I'd vote for.

Labor pass legislation to force/make preferences compulsory. Labor and LNP then do deals to ensure key party candidates keep/gain their electorate. That way the planned leaders and ministers will be in place for either party.
Think.of it as the big 2 being coles and woolies with independants being IGA.
When it comes to the big grocery shop(election) most will begrudgingly go with the big 2 because they can be confident and familiar and they all look the same. Where as with IGA, you go to them for little things and convenience.
Unfortunately QLD will be in for another 4 years of dirty deals and blind eyes.

The one positive out of this is that there seems to have been a willingness for some time for an alternative option to be tried.....just waiting for that option to arrive now.

The one positive out of this is that there seems to have been a willingness for some time for an alternative option to be tried.....just waiting for that option to arrive now.
Yep, we need an amazon to make the major party sphincter pucker.

Says everybody, every election. Beside pissing and moaning about the minor imposition of actually voting.
I'd honestly love to see a minarchist candidate get up. Here you go people, we'll provide basic services, a framework of security and law and beyond that, mind our own business.
And by the way, if your poorly run bogan car company is to ******* inept to produce a product people want to buy, dont come cap in hand to us asking for 2.7 billion dollars to prop it up.
Then the citizenry can get finally get the society it deserves. Now thats the kind of fuckwit I'd vote for.

The appeal of simplified political regimes that offer simple solutions to complex problems is out there. Problem is that a very large number of its proponents are the bunker digging, arsenal accumulating, cutting eyeholes in sheets types.

I think as a group they are easy to spot. The whole its "them, that lot over there, you can tell cos they aren't like us" be it Blacks, Asians, Muslims, gay people, rednecks, or even just people who don't smoke the same cigarettes as me (sorry rolling stones). Identify an "enemy" sub group and blame them for everything (yes I'm aware of the circular logic - not saying I'm immune to reflexive thinking, just trying not to live by it)

Oh don't get the impression I'm an uncritical fan of our current system, but there is a whole world of worse ones out there, and very few better - quite a few we could take lessons from on some things, but on balance we got it pretty good.
Mark

I'm out of this thread and think it should be closed, better still deleted. this is a beer forum after all, mixing alcohol, politics, religion... never ends well.
M

To my mind there is only one party talking about the real issues here.

Do I hear a ticking? ******* crocodiles.

Let's change the subject from politics to religion. Now what's the deal with the 144,000 true anointed and how do you join them?

Who anointed who in the what now?
Jehovah Witnesses. Only room for 144 000 thousand of the annoying pricks in heaven apparently. With 8 million of them worldwide the odds aren't in their favour. May as well be snorting coke off hookers arses.

Jehovah Witnesses. Only room for 144 000 thousand of the annoying pricks in heaven apparently. With 8 million of them worldwide the odds aren't in their favour. May as well be snorting coke off hookers arses.

Personally, I dont mind the kooky Christian sects. By and large, relatively harmless and certainly good sports about having their belief system mocked via musical theater.
Try getting the Book of Hadith a run on Broadway and see how far you get.

book-of-mormon_main.jpg

“multiverse” proposes that an infinite amount of universes, including the one we are living in, exist in parallel to each other could the same thing happen with heaven and gods.

“multiverse” proposes that an infinite amount of universes, including the one we are living in, exist in parallel to each other could the same thing happen with heaven and gods.
Drawing a very long bow there mate. Anyway, in Abrahamic religions, God is the creator of everything. But there would be no "where" or "when" ,without a universe to perform the act of creation in. If there were a preexisting universe, then the notion of God being eternal and the ultimate creator goes out the window.

Drawing a very long bow there mate. Anyway, in Abrahamic religions, God is the creator of everything. But there would be no "where" or "when" ,without a universe to perform the act of creation in. If there were a preexisting universe, then the notion of God being eternal and the ultimate creator goes out the window.

latest

Latest posts

Back