Victoria's Secret: Where to buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Had it in mate, at least the flowers, May kook at pellet version in a few weeks
Well you didn't have it after I had that beer! Complex enough for a single hop beer for sure.

I have a pound of flowers in the freezer that came from Yob i'd happilly pass on for the cost plus postage.

My Summer hop pack arrived today, with a bonus Vic Secret 14.7% pack, thanks YOB. The Summer is going in a single hop Creamy Ale, what to use the Secret in?. My Golden Ale, i bitter with Galaxy to 10-11IBU, 28gms Amarillo @ 20 & 5min, total 26IBU & 4.5%ABV. Might drop the Galaxy to 6gm and add 1/2-1g/lt Summer dry hop, sound alright?. Don't want the perceived bitterness too high.

Only just jumping in on this thread now, is there anyone besides the Doc that is now getting good results with vic secret. I have a basic golden ale the 1st of my new brewery and did a smash of just vic secret. Mind you i did add 60min 20min and flame out additions as i did not read this thread before. The beer is drinkable but not really nice. Pretty much just keen again to start up the chatter.

I've brewed a few Pale Ales with Vic Secret, often mixed with other hops such as Cascade, Galaxy, Amarillo and Citra - very nice. My favourite was the brew that featured my home grown Cascade flowers and Vic Secret.

Commercially, try the boatrocker SMASH (which isn't a SMASH BTW) it uses Vic secret with galaxy and cascade.

Like spiesy, I've used it with friends in pale ales and makes for a nice summer quaffer, it's one of those 'a little goes a long way' sort of hops so small additions are better than a big hit

Yob said:
it's one of those 'a little goes a long way' sort of hops so small additions are better than a big hit
+1 to that.

It's great hop though, I've loved it since I had it in the single hop IPA that Bridge Road released in their hop school pack back at Christmas.

I treat it much the same as it's sister-hop Galaxy as it shares similar properties, only small additions until the last 10 minutes or so of the boil. Then you can drop in a big hit if you really want it.

Back