VICBREW 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your killing me Martin we just got the keys to our new house friday and I have the parentals down helping with the cleaning. Id love to be stewarding tomorrow!!!

bad timing! next year!

I'll hold you to that, mate!

Good luck with the new place & look forward to seeing you on-deck next year....

Ill be there tomoz.. looking forward to it..

Mate, I can't remember in detail. Right now, I just want to get some sleep & get up tomorrow for the next round...

Results will be posted soon. Comp has probably just finished or might even still be going, results collated and checked before being posted while hardworking, voluntary staff need a chance to sit down, relax and have a beer. Look/ask again on Tuesday.

As with most - cant wait to see the results.

But....

Hats off and cheers to all the folks who volunteered their time for the comp - hope youre all enjoying a beer

sad i couldnt attend this one. i had 3 submissions; looking fwd to hearing about the results!

thx to every1 who helpd make it happen

:beer:

Some VicBrew 2014 results

Club of Show - Bayside Brewers, runner up - Westgate Brewers
3rd - Worthogs

Champion Brewer - Bryce Van Denderen, Bayside Brewers
Runner up - John Kingston, Westgate Brewers
3rd - Grant Morley, Westgate Brewers

Aaron Petterson 1st in Farmhouse. Michael Bowron got something for dry stout. John Kingston 1 and 2 strong ale. 2 in specialty.
Grant Morley 1st pale lager. 1 and 3 pale ale. 3 farm.
Theses are the west gate results that I know of.
Well done to all

Gents, we're done!

**** ME, but that was a lot of hard work from the teams of judges & stewards over the two days! We got through over 300 beers yesterday & broke the back of it, so today was relatively cruisy (as much as it can be, when we still needed to get through over 150 beers, collate all the results, clean up, pack everything away & exit the building..)

Thanks to everyone that turned-up & contributed their time & effort. Without the team-effort of everyone involved, it just can't/won't/doesn't happen.

Edit: I got a 1st in Porter, with my ONLY entry after 10 years of NOT brewing nor entering anything in any competition. Words cannot begin to describe my elation. I just sat there & silently went "YES! YES! YES! After all that time, I've STILL got it"!!!!

Full results to follow....

Very chuffed with my 3rd for champion brewer, among some great company. :D Thanks to all involved, it is much appreciated. :super:

Yes, a massive weekend indeed. Thanks to all the folks who gave up some/all of their weekend to help, especially the stewards.....backbone of the event!!

More news in......2nd place for Pale Lagers goes to....me!!

Congrat's Galbrew on your 2nd!

From what I "dealt-with" (it was a bit of a ****-around with the judges' inability to acknowledge diacetytl), you produced a great one...

Thanks, I always knew I had it in me, it was just a matter of timing & why......

I got roped-into being a WortHog (again) about a week ago to add numbers to the Worthog's entries for the "Barney"

Back