VICBREW 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who are these people and how do i talk to them? i'd love to squeeze in a beer too

When will he get back to us? Have no idea what's going on?

A judge/steward schedule will be sent out a week before the comp.

Yob said:
who else is stewarding sat?
I've put myself down to either steward or judge,always a fun day,and there's a Cantillon special release party there later in the night,got a ticket for that one :icon_drool2:

Would just be nice if there was a bit of communication back

I got a return email after regestering for the sat session, was a few days after I sent my email.

Hi Guys.

Sorry for the silence from me (NOT the official coordinator for this stuff), as I've #'d a bone in my foot & have just been sitting around watching TV...

Yes, official cut-off is this weekend, but if you manage to get an entry to one of the drop-off points BEFORE they're collected, you might just be lucky (I forgot & now can't drive to a drop-off point - I blame a combination of alcohol & codeine..!).

Don't worry too much about a lack of response from Mark Hibberd. As pointed-out by Midnight Brew, there's usually a bulk mailout/response about a week out. If you don't hear anything, PM me & I'll fix-up any loose ends.

STEWARDS!! We need Stewards (and a few judges too, of course......)!

Full-day or even half-day, mate.

Everyone who contributes their time & effort gets lunch provided.

Is there anything to "go along to" at these events? or is it just judging? there doesn't seem to be much info on the vicbrew webpage.
g

It's at a bar so you can drink beer and pester the judges during their lunch break. Best not though. Some of them are very grumpy people. Better off going to the tennis.

Give one of the collection points a call, you may be able to make a cash payment entry, compmaster being closer and all (i assume), worth a phone call at least, I dont think pickup of tried has happened yet.

Spiesy said:
Bummer. I missed out on entering this also.
In the opening post there is an email address to contact the Vicbrew organisers.

It might be worth shooting then an email

poggor said:
Is there anything to "go along to" at these events? or is it just judging? there doesn't seem to be much info on the vicbrew webpage.
g
You're welcome to come along & drink the beers as they come back from the judging tables. If you want to get involved as a Steward, shoot Mark Hibberd an email as per the OP & give your availability details. If you decide to do that, lunch will be provided.

Other than that, it's not really a spectator sport by any means - rather like watching paint dry. That said, lots of beers to try & hang-out & chat to other beer-geeks.

I got 2 in this year, looking forward to the feedback!

Latest posts

Back