Vic Xmas In July Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUHEAMIC

Reaction score
Well I guess someone had to start it and it just happened to be me.

I have not participated in a swap before so Im hoping some more experienced swappers will help me organise this. Im happy to help with whatever I can. I read most of the swap threads before starting this one and it seems some swap rules help so I borrowed (stole) some rules from Duff (Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007).

1. You will supply bottles of your finest hand crafted to be delivered to a designated drop off point to be determined.
2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screw tops, PET and champagne bottles are acceptable.
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the drop off point in milk crates or sturdy cardboard boxes.
4. The date for the swap will be determined by the end of May, but at this stage a rough estimate could call it in at June 30, 2007.
5. Each bottle shall be clearly marked with your AHB name.

As I said I have not participated in a swap before so all rules are open for discussion.

So is anyone interested?

1. Peels Cream Ale

I guess I'd be interested but I don't know if we'll get 28 people. last year I think we only got 13-14 people interested.

I guess I'd be interested but I don't know if we'll get 28 people. last year I think we only got 13-14 people interested.
Hopefully this year we can get a bit more interest.

Put me in the 'interested' column. I'll whip up a Chinook/Cascade APA. Yeah, I'm a one-trick pony.

Well there you go. I thought this was over before it started.

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale
3. Lucas (interested)
4. Wardhog Chinook/Cascade APA (interested)
5. Fents

BTW i think we should do it even only if its ten people. 10 bottles is better than zip.

BTW i think we should do it even only if its ten people. 10 bottles is better than zip.
I agree Fents. I would even be happy to swap two bottles each per person.

Well there you go. I thought this was over before it started.

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale
3. Lucas (interested)
5. Fents

OK, I'm in. Just got to think of something to brew. Any requests?

Anything is fine. Just brew what you brew best. Maybe an English Bitter?

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale
3. Lucas (interested)
5. Fents
6. Velophile

Put me down as interested. I might struggle with the

"The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screw tops are acceptable. NO CHAMPAGNE BOTTLES."

Rule though. The only 750ml bottles I use are Champers bottles, apart from that I bottle in 330-375 ml bottles. I suppose I could try and scrounge up the normal tallies if its an inflexible rule though.

1. Peels – Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale
3. Lucas (interested)
4. Wardhog – Chinook/Cascade APA (interested)
5. Fents
6. Velophile
7. Thirsty Boy

PS - if we dont get enough takers, we could just make it a standard 12 bottle case ??

Hi,

I am keen (count me as in). Can't nominate a beer yet, but probably an APA or aussie style pale ale at this stage... don't think I have the facilities or time for a lager before june. I don't always end up with 28 longnecks so I'll have to plan a slightly bigger batch if that's the number of participants!

Are there enough yet to kick this off?

cheers,

Andrei

I have edited the rules in a hope to get more people involved.

I am happy to make the swap any size so I would say we have enough for a swap. What do you guys think?

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale
3. Lucas (interested)
5. Fents
6. Velophile
7. Thirsty Boy
8. Andrei

Hi Guys
I'd be keen to participate,
Fairly new brewer, I'd probably contribute maybe a Tripel, an Indian Red Ale or else something similar to a nutty english ale I did a while ago. Any requests of these 3?
My only problem will be getting tallies. :( any ways I can get around this? Or good sources?
Cheers
Q

Put me in for a robust porter

I'd be happy to go in one bottle for each participant, unless we suddenly have 300 people join in.

Vic Brewers: You Rock!

I have just been reading your thread, and it's making me want to come down for the swap!

Here is a few tips/ideas/suggestions and observations that might help or hinder.

Bottles: If you swap crown seal tallies, you might get twist tops back - bummer. Or worse, PET. But if everybody does PET, no issues, none will break in transit/swapping. I have noticed the swapping starts after the first 6 samples :blink:

Numbers: Don't worry about the numbers in the swap. 12 is cool - not heavy. Ever carried two milk crates of glass bottles up the host's driveway? (I should have made two trips, but would have got told to HTFU!)

Pics. Make sure I get to see pics of the swap! :beer:

Cheers,

InCider. :beerbang:

Hi guys,
You can count me in for this also. I don't get much of a chance to brew these days, but I'll definitely make time for this.
I'll probably do a lager of some sort, maybe a german pilsner.
And I'm ok with any number of participants, the more the merrier.

vl.

Latest posts

Back