Vic "off Season" Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14 's fine with me, and as for a date end of feb or early march suits. :beer:

My hand is up for March only. If Feb, I cant have anything worthy ready, dont forget Beerfest , no clash pls.
Am easy, if Feb is good for all, more than happy too hand over to the thirteenth, fifteenth man. BTW, great venues!!

Early March is also good for me. That allows about 6-7 weeks to brew something (even a lager).

Any particular dates that suit people... maybe March 14th ? The 7th is the labour day weekend, I'll probably be away.

1. Date: March is good for me. Let's go with that. Time to start voting on a date I reckon. Does someone now how to set that up? Options should be 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th or 29th.

2. Bottles: Glass bottles are OK for me to if I can borrow your capper Barra. However, PET would be easier as I wouldn't have to journey to Laverton or purchase new bottles. Was hoping to keep this quick and easy. Perhaps we can reach a consensus from the group on this one? Another vote?

3. Venue: My original intent here was to make this a small time commitment. I'm a busy feller but I would really like to work this in. With that in mind, venue's apart from the good bars suggested might be an idea. My ideal situation would be a morning. A cafe or some sort. Coffee or two, an exchange of pleasantries & beers and on our way. Giving me (us) the rest of the day to work, tackle the SWMBO's list, kids etc. Sorry if that sounds cheap and nasty, but that's why I opened the thread.
However, if the appetite of the group is for something bigger or more involved, then by all means carry on. I'll get involved where I can.

Suggest we set an Australia day cut off for all decisions.

Second w/e in March is out for me because of the Geelong Highland Gathering, of which I am an organising member.

Morning is good, coffee, share, scatter. Especially given for me it would be an hours drive just to get to Melbourne!

1. Date: March is good for me. Let's go with that. Time to start voting on a date I reckon. Does someone now how to set that up? Options should be 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th or 29th.

2. Bottles: Glass bottles are OK for me to if I can borrow your capper Barra. However, PET would be easier as I wouldn't have to journey to Laverton or purchase new bottles. Was hoping to keep this quick and easy. Perhaps we can reach a consensus from the group on this one? Another vote?

3. Venue: My original intent here was to make this a small time commitment. I'm a busy feller but I would really like to work this in. With that in mind, venue's apart from the good bars suggested might be an idea. My ideal situation would be a morning. A cafe or some sort. Coffee or two, an exchange of pleasantries & beers and on our way. Giving me (us) the rest of the day to work, tackle the SWMBO's list, kids etc. Sorry if that sounds cheap and nasty, but that's why I opened the thread.
However, if the appetite of the group is for something bigger or more involved, then by all means carry on. I'll get involved where I can.

Any date is fine by me.

I would prefer glass but really dont have a preference.

I like your idea of the coffee in the morning, doing the swap, exchanging pleasantries and then on your way.
We have the two main swaps to get together and have a big pissup.
I would even suggest we do it on a saturday morning at G&G, let the guys know and have a brew demo with the herms system or something along those lines. May even be able to talk John into a 10-20% discount for AHB swappers on the day.
That way guys that have the time can hang around but those that need to head off can.

My two bobs worth.

Reg

I would even suggest we do it on a saturday morning at G&G, let the guys know and have a brew demo with the herms system or something along those lines. May even be able to talk John into a 10-20% discount for AHB swappers on the day.

I think I can do pretty much any of the weekends in March (will have to check with SWMBO to be doubly sure).

Happy enough to make it a morning gig if that is the preference - cafe/bar/G&G all fine.

Idea of hooking onto a brew demo and a 10-20% discount get a thumbs up from me B)

As to glass vs plastic - would prefer glass, but not too fussed really, wouldn't want to make it any harder for anyone than it needs to be.

Should we set up a poll perhaps with dates and venues??

Brendo

+1 Plastic. Of course I'd prefer glass; but I think I read that the main reason for PET on these case swaps was a safety one - don't want inadvertant bottle bombs passed onto new friends!

+1 quick morning exchange. Looking forward to a more elaborate event on the next main swap.

+1 March.

Can you tell which ones of us are married with kids?-)

Breezy

Well if the option was for pet from the beginning I would have come in.

cheers
johnno

im all i favor of glass , sick of buying PET bottles...
have been involved in many swaps and never had a glass bottle blow up , and during the journey to the last vic case swap we had a PET bottle explode.....

your more that welcome to the capper paul , might even be able to help you out with some bottles .ive actually gotta source some myself i gave a heap away just after xmas to clear up a bit , but having said that it wont be too hard to get some , if we time things right i migth even be able to get the capper and bottles to you , was in the marsh earlier in the week and didnt think of it ... will see what we can work out and what everyone else wants to go with personally i hope its glass but if its not so be it ....

also any date before the 20th march works for me as im out of state after that for a the remainder of that month...

The weekend of 14th,15th of March would work best for me as i'm on a new roster at work .Would prefer pet bottles as well ,as i would have to hut around for some bottles .Which is ok but i would prefer not to have the bother of it.

Jason

does anyway wanna make a call on the bottles , P&L Brazil , was the one who fired this thread up perhaps best to let you decide mate , im in either way but i do prefer glass ,

I dont typically use PET at all. I also already have my stuff to swap bottled. Though I am brewing in a couple of weeks and could bottle some of that in PET if it goes that way.

I dont typically use PET at all. I also already have my stuff to swap bottled. Though I am brewing in a couple of weeks and could bottle some of that in PET if it goes that way.

I don't think it would be a case of you must bottle in PET - rather that people can bottle in PET.

i will be bottling in glass - have plenty of it on hand...

PET is fine, it wont last that long for me to care :)

A moring coffee seems to be the consensus, either at G&G... or possibly at a cafe in Williamstown?

Can we start a poll on the date?

Hi guys

Was away today. Looks like things need to come to a head.

1. Bottles
I think as this is the first time this has come together, it's probably a good idea to have both PET or Glass. I suggest a preference for glass if you can, but PET if you can't. I'd like to see this happen again in the down time between Easter and Xmas, so perhaps we can kick off the planning a little earlier and have a glass bottle swap "moving forward"*
* formally known as "in the future"

2. Date
March seems to be the popular choice. Have opened a poll here: Link:

3. Venue
Coffee has had a lot of support. The West/G&G side of town hasn't had too many detractors, so lets settle there.

There are plenty of places round the Willy/Yarraville/Seddon/Footisray/perhaps even Nth Melb area. Happy to hear suggestions. There will be a few of us, so can't be too small.

Maybe the other side of town next time?

Cheers
Paul

Back