Vic 2017 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use cold water in the washing machine so the lack of heat wouldn't 'activate' the perc/met powder, would it?

We use straight perc in a cold wash but, as Cam says, dissolve it in a bit of hot water first. Seems to work fine. Mind you I mix perc in cold water down the shed and still find it retains some decent cleaning properties.

I use some straight perc in every wash on a 40C setting and never have any issues with it not dissolving. Straight cold water, yes.

So, Cam06 - you gonna turn-up to this one eh?

Haha! It'd be a bit rude of me not too now!
I was pretty disappointed to miss the Cockmeister's swap day. I'll do my best to attend this one but just as an attendee as I rarely brew atm. I work most Saturdays so will have to rock up late with over priced craft beer.
Probably won't even have time to make a salad.

So that means the main gathering is on the Saturday the 8th July.

Some people rock up on the 7th to set brewing gear up and get an early start on the RIS & DIPA kegs.
The rest turn up on the Saturday. Some stay the night in tents or any other bed options, hang out for a few hours on the Sunday, then slowly crawl off to their own parts of the world, nursing a mighty hangover.

So that means the main gathering is on the Saturday the 8th July.

Some people rock up on the 7th to set brewing gear up and get an early start on the RIS & DIPA kegs.
The rest turn up on the Saturday. Some stay the night in tents or any other bed options, hang out for a few hours on the Sunday, then slowly crawl off to their own parts of the world, nursing a mighty hangover.

Thanks for the info mate, woulda been a great intro to the forum but I'll be overseas then. Ill hang out for the next one.

I'm bailing out![emoji54] Sorry for the late notice everyone but the missus has organised a last minute trip to WA. She is desperately overdue to visit her sister so I'm Mr mum for the week. Sorry lads . Still up for the Met and can still lend the big gas bottle if you like?

'Can't find the 2017 Xmas in July recipe thread (if there is one?), so I'm chucking this up here.

This is NOT a recipe, just a listing of what I've got available to go into the "Dog's Breakfast" Friday night brew mayhem.

Malt Junkie, you offered to take-on the mantle of Head Brewer on this one, so here's the bad news......:

5.66 kg Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.9 EBC)
5.00 kg Pilsner, Malt Craft Export (Joe White) (3.2 EBC)
3.10 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (5.9 EBC)
2.00 kg Gladfield American Ale Malt (5.0 EBC)
1.50 kg Caramalt Malt - 35L (Bairds) (69.0 EBC)
1.20 kg Caramunich II (Weyermann) (124.1 EBC)
1.00 kg Gladfield Ale Malt (6.0 EBC)
1.00 kg Munich, Light (Joe White) (17.7 EBC)
1.00 kg Rye Malt (Weyermann) (5.9 EBC)
0.90 kg Gladfield Munich Malt (15.5 EBC)
0.90 kg Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC)
0.64 kg Chocolate Malt (Simpsons) (847.1 EBC)
0.50 kg Acid Malt (5.9 EBC)
0.50 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 65L (Bairds) (128.1 EBC)
0.50 kg Melanoidin (Weyermann) (59.1 EBC)
0.50 kg Oats, Golden Naked (Simpsons) (19.7 EBC)
0.50 kg Roasted Barley (Simpsons) (1083.5 EBC)
0.41 kg Pale Ale Malt (Bairds) (4.9 EBC)
0.36 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (3.3 EBC)
0.27 kg Crystal, Dark (Joe White) (216.7 EBC)
0.26 kg Black Malt (Simpsons) (1083.5 EBC)
0.20 kg Biscuit (Dingemans) (44.3 EBC)
0.19 kg Aromatic Malt (Dingemans) (37.4 EBC)

I've got other stuff at CB that I've yet to even collate, but can all be added to the Mongrel.

I'm bailing out![emoji54] Sorry for the late notice everyone but the missus has organised a last minute trip to WA. She is desperately overdue to visit her sister so I'm Mr mum for the week. Sorry lads . Still up for the Met and can still lend the big gas bottle if you like?

Bugger!

I can do the gas bottle pick-up/return & your Met. (I know where you live.....). ;)

I've got some-odd kilos of pale malt and Munich I can add. Perhaps some Vienna too. Probably about 15 all up. Only issue is I'm a couple months away from lifting more than 5 kilos.

you'll have to forgive for this..

TL;DR

Im 'hoping to' drop in on the Friday night for an hour, will chem be collectable on the night or can I catch it at an 'alternate' addie in reasonably close proximity to me?

Seriously spewing Im not more involved in this.. will be the first case swap in 4 or 5 years Ive not been heavily involved with...

I'll still turn up with a mini keg of RIS you malt/hop heads can destroy in an hour though :overhead:

I'll still turn up with a mini keg of RIS you malt/hop heads can destroy in an hour though :overhead:
Was going to say "challenge accepted" but after the headache I had on the Saturday of the last swap I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Anyone bringing a keg of Corona? That was the shiz.

Attachments

• tmp_9105-images995550930.jpg
    tmp_9105-images995550930.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 37
Calm down gents we all know Friday is just the warm up!! A dozen or so RIS is just good for the soul.;):question:
Though have to say there's been some sleepy heads the following morning, Saturday is where it all happens gents:party:
Wigs training mate training.... you wouldn't start an Olympic event without it!!!

Back