Vic 2017 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate best wishes Mike, far far far from an easy thing to deal with and hope your family are holding up through it too!

All the very best mate. Terrible news and hope you're ok.

Oh holy crap [emoji90] .. Mike just seen this ... we are all thinking [emoji4] good thoughts for you and the family

OK now back to beer.
The malt mule will be brewing Wednesday, Breakfast stout, so question is yeast. I have a Mystery vial from midnight on the plate that'll be stepped to 1L tonight, or I have Cry havoc and San diego super yeast on their way from CB.

Silly bugger!

You should've called for a check-in. We're pulling yeast from stock on a regular basis as they get close to BB date & they're freebies (we've got HEAPS of them! All free to a good cause). We could've included a few vials with your order.

Latest offerings included English Ale blend, which would've been perfect for a breakfast stout.

BTW, we sent your lost dhurries box with your yeasties. Up to you if you want to smoke soapy grass-clippings, 'though......:turning green:

OK now back to beer.
The malt mule will be brewing Wednesday, Breakfast stout, so question is yeast. I have a Mystery vial from midnight on the plate that'll be stepped to 1L tonight, or I have Cry havoc and San diego super yeast on their way from CB.
Mystery Yeast! The other 2 sound like crap yankie options for a stout - keep them for the IPAs.
How did he go yesterday?

Out of interest, is it ok to shift the numbers up a little on the Swap List? (e.g.: has anyone in the top 6-7 already labelled their bottles?)
I noticed the list crept up to 25 somehow, rather than the standard 23-24 cap. So now that we're down to 23 participants, i thought i might shift it to fill the slots up to 23 and cap it there (that way its 22 for everyone, 1 for yourself, plus 1 for the host or anyone else deserving it such as the head brewer & co). How's that sound?

EDIT:
so it would look like this:

Swappers
1. Idzy
2. Mardoo
3. Technobabble66
4. DJ_L3thAL - Melbourne Bitter (WLP059) 4.8%, drink now.
5. JB
6. Micbrew
7. Reardo
8. Nullnvoid
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
11.GrumpyPaul
12. malt mule
13. Mmmyummybeer
14. Bigchamp
15. Mofox1
16. Husky
17. droid - Belgian Wit
18. Laxation
19. Midnight Brew
20. Malt Junkie- Golden wheat 4.5%
21. TSMILL
22. Dr_Rocks
23. Danscraftbeer
24. (donation)

Mystery Yeast! The other 2 sound like crap yankie options for a stout - keep them for the IPAs.
How did he go yesterday?

I think the Mystery yeast is essex ale WLP 022, brewing got delayed puting the stout down tonight.

IPA .... mmmm, not a bad plan!

the wheat is finished but thinking of throwing some fruit at it, suggestions welcome.

WLP-022 would be great for it.

Not a big fan of fruit in beer, but **** it, it's always good to experiment! Have you considered mandarins? - plentiful, cheap, and i reckon it'd work well in a wheatie. Maybe pineapple + mandarin?

Back