Vic 2016 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmm....looks like redgum?

Fires-plural? Should I bring the brazier for one of them, or do you have that sorted too?

Do you have a pizza oven (I seem to remember something mentioned previously) for cookage-action or are we all doing the slow-cook thang?

theres a food thread which VP has started.

I reckon the weather will turn sooonish and slow cooked will be ace.
talking tempratures if it was anything like last july bummock , I may have hit the aldi snow gear sale .lol

have we at least settled on recipe ??

with all that wood I may need to bring along my asbestos suit.

Yep redgum. Don't worry about a brazier I've got one and a truck rim which I'll setup for the cooking and we'll have a main fire it won't be as big as your swap Martin. No wood fired oven yet collecting bits and pieces for it. It maybe done by then.

Cool, Wayne. All sorted by the sounds...'though if you want any more wood, here's what I've been working-on this weekend:

DSCN1518.JPG

Just let me know....... :p

MartinOC said:
Cool, Wayne. All sorted by the sounds...'though if you want any more wood, here's what I've been working-on this weekend:

DSCN1518.JPG

Just let me know....... :p
Wow, now that's some wood!

Of the dead tree variety - definitely!

You guys haven't seen half of it. The 1st photo wasn't showing the REALLY big logs, the multiple burn piles & two more trees dropped yesterday.

Here's a piccie I just took of one of the big fellas to come down yesterday. For perspective, yep, that's a keg in front.....

DSCN1552.JPG

DSCN1553.JPG

Ain't gonna be short of firewood for a VERY long time. All I need is a bunch of willing helpers to come up, cut the stuff up, split it, stack it & then stand around getting warm whilst we burn the detritis, drinking a lot of beer & BBQ'ing. :chug: :super:

Unfortunately cant make this one, just informed I'll have family in town that weekend -_-
Spot 19 open

Attendees (Swappers)
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80 - raspberry stout
5. Grainer - Party Gyle Stout aged on bourbon from memory
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL - Teninch Dampfbier (recipe courtesy of Les the Weizguy, minor hops tweak to what was in freezer)
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing - Black IPA
10. Mudd
11. Reardo
12. heyhey
13. Masters Brewery
14. MartinOC
15. Micbrew
16. JB
17. Yob
18. Curly79
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. TheWiggman - Patersbier
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced

Swap Reserves

Attendees (Non-Swappers)

Cubists
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10. Mudd
11. Reardo
13. Masters Brewery
14. MartinOC
15. Micbrew
16. JB
17. Yob
18. Curly79
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced

Reserve Cubists

Booooooooo!!
Can't you just see them Friday night & get back early Sunday to catch up w them?
Hey, you could still swap - just get someone to take your beers up and back...

Hi Lads. Just thought I'd put these up here first. I have 3 POR, 1 or possibly 2 Chinook and 3 Cluster Rhizomes to give away. Would rather bring them to Shep in July than **** about at the post office. Let me know if you are keen. Cheers.

Midnight Brew said:
Unfortunately cant make this one, just informed I'll have family in town that weekend -_-
Spot 19 open

Attendees (Swappers)
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80 - raspberry stout
5. Grainer - Party Gyle Stout aged on bourbon from memory
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL - Teninch Dampfbier (recipe courtesy of Les the Weizguy, minor hops tweak to what was in freezer)
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing - Black IPA
10. Mudd
11. Reardo
12. heyhey
13. Masters Brewery
14. MartinOC
15. Micbrew
16. JB
17. Yob
18. Curly79
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. TheWiggman - Patersbier
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced
Swap Reserves
Attendees (Non-Swappers)
Cubists
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10. Mudd
11. Reardo
13. Masters Brewery
14. MartinOC
15. Micbrew
16. JB
17. Yob
18. Curly79
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced
Reserve Cubists
Isn't that a better reason to **** off for the weekend?

Got yours set aside too VP. Does anyone want the Cluster Crown? See seperate post for photo.

technobabble66 said:
Booooooooo!!
Can't you just see them Friday night & get back early Sunday to catch up w them?
Hey, you could still swap - just get someone to take your beers up and back...
Be more then happy to still swap if no one else jumps in between now and then.

Being a swap virgin I have some queries
  • What's the accommodation method of choice? Will there be enough real estate so I can set up a 2 man tent?
  • I'll beer up but I keg. I can bottle of course but will have 'choice beers' in kegs. Will there be facilities for this? Otherwise I'll bottle from the keg the day prior.
  • Payment for the swap beer. I'm not listed yet but curious
Not sure if you can tell but I'm getting all antsy. Actually seeing as we're camping, what's the ant situation?

I bottled my swap beer today, Belgian around 9% still a alittle alcohol comming through so may need some time. Wiggman I have a few spare swags, I can bring one or two extra if needed.

Back