Vic 2016 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my organisation of the bottles so far has been pretty much flawless.. don't need these....just common sense.. If anything.. MARK YA BLOODY crates! Thats the pain int he arse bit when people walk away.

Like the rules Idzy. They should be cut and paste so they are at the top of the list each time someone is added. My pet hate is not the PET bottles believe it or not, but people pulling out at the last minute and leaving us short 6-8 beers. So I propose a rule around this to reduce the problem (in red below). Thoughts?

Swapping
  • Swap beer is bottled in PET bottles (this is for everyone's safety)
  • Swap beer should be either a.) a tried and tested recipe, or b.) something you have brewed for the first time and enjoy
  • Provide enough for all the swappers and an additional for the host (optional provide the rest of the case for the host)
  • Clearly label your bottles with your swap number (I am the one probably most guilty of this)
  • no hefe, Belgium yeast is banned and no rye or wheat malt.
  • ​It is etiquette to provide at least 4 weeks notice if you are unable to provide your swap beer (this is to give those on the reserve list a chance to brew). To this end please list the details of your swap beer at least 4 weeks prior to the day (If you do not and do not respond to a PM, your spot may be given away).

Cubing
  • 20 litre cubes (if you don't have one, please invest as it is unfair on a.) people filling from the kettle to be faffing about half-filling oversized cubes, and b.) on the other cubers if your extra cube volume does in fact get filled).
  • Bring your cube labelled, rinsed and sanitised
  • It's your brew too, so help out where you can and don't forget to offer
  • Collaboration brew days are about being present, be there ideally throughout the brew, not just at cube collection time

Swapping
  • Swap beer should be either a.) a tried and tested recipe, or b.) something you have brewed for the first time and enjoy
  • Provide enough for all the swappers and an additional for the host (optional provide the rest of the case for the host)
  • Clearly label your bottles with your swap number (I am the one probably most guilty of this)
  • no hefe, Belgium yeast is banned and no rye or wheat malt.
  • Mark your crate
  • Wear appropriate footwear
  • ​It is etiquette to provide at least 4 weeks notice if you are unable to provide your swap beer (this is to give those on the reserve list a chance to brew). To this end please list the details of your swap beer at least 4 weeks prior to the day (If you do not and do not respond to a PM, your spot may be given away).
Cubing
  • 20 litre cubes (if you don't have one, please invest as it is unfair on a.) people filling from the kettle to be faffing about half-filling oversized cubes, and b.) on the other cubers if your extra cube volume does in fact get filled).
  • It's your brew too, so help out where you can and don't forget to offer
  • Collaboration brew days are about being present, be there ideally throughout the brew, not just at cube collection time
wonder if we can fill this up..

MartinOC said:
Do you even Stag Bro?
I have to admit that fortunately, Martin, I've never been rostered on stag jerking duties. And I truly hope I never am. However, I'm more than happy to find out from those experienced as to whether it removes graffiti. :)

I count 24 stubbies in a slab

Whiteferret is hosting in Shepparton.

Attendees (Swappers)
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
5. Grainer
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10 Mudd
11. Reardo
12. Mayor of Mildura
13. Awesome Fury
14. MartinOC
15 Micbrew
16 JB
17. Yob
18. Curly79
19. Black n Tan
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. Mudd
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced

Attendees (Non-Swappers)

Cubists
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
5.Grainer
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10. Mudd
11. Reardo
12. Mayor of Mildura
13. Awesome Fury
14. MartinOC
15 Micbrew
16 JB
17: Yob
18. Curly79
19. Black n Tan
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. Mudd
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced

Grainer said:
wonder if we can fill this up..
Or distill it (apologies to the Mod's that are likely to jump all over this like a big black Rottie)..

1. If you put your name down to attend/swap, fulfill your promise.
2. Unforseen circumstances? Sure, it happens. Pull-out & notify early/ASAP, rather than wussing-out at the last moment.
3. Step-up & help-out with the entire brew-day & swap, from start to finish - wherever, whenever & however required. It's a team-effort. Don't wait to be asked or told to do something. Volunteer!
4. Food - See point 3.
5. Bring LOTS of your own beer (& be prepared to drink everyone else's). That's going to be your education. Not everyone likes every style.
6. Ditch any pre-conceptions & your ego at the front gate upon arrival.
7. Bring your sense of humour & try not to lose it for the duration (it's gonna hurt otherwise.... :lol: ).

MartinOC said:
Or distill it (apologies to the Mod's that are likely to jump all over this like a big black Rottie)..

4. Food - See point 3.

3. Step-up & help-out with the entire brew-day & swap, from start to finish - wherever, whenever & however required. It's a team-effort. Don't wait to be asked or told to do something. Volunteer!
I'd be happy to bring the webber along and fire it up for the day. Turducken burgers anyone?

I'd love to attend if spots come available.

heyhey said:
Put your name down (currently!!! B) ) as a non-swap attendee.

Rock-up with beers.

Simple!

heyhey said:
Swap Guidelines
Swapping
  • Clearly label your crate and bottles with your swap number
Cubing
  • It's your brew too, so wear the right gear so you can help out where you can and don't forget to offer
People List
Attendees (Swappers)
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
5. Grainer
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10 Mudd
11. Reardo
12. Mayor of Mildura
13. Awesome Fury
14. MartinOC
15 Micbrew
16 JB
17. Yob
18. Curly79
19. Black n Tan
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. Mudd
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced

Swap Reserves
1. heyhey

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1. heyhey

Cubists
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
5.Grainer
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10. Mudd
11. Reardo
12. Mayor of Mildura
13. Awesome Fury
14. MartinOC
15 Micbrew
16 JB
18. Curly79
19. Black n Tan
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. Mudd
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced

Added crate to bottles line and added heyhey to reserves

Swap Guidelines
Swapping
  • Clearly label your crate and bottles with your swap number
Cubing
  • It's your brew too, so wear the right gear so you can help out where you can and don't forget to offer
People List
Attendees (Swappers)
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
5. Grainer
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10 Mudd
11. Reardo
12. Mayor of Mildura
13. Awesome Fury
14. MartinOC
15 Micbrew
16 JB
17. Yob
18. Curly79
19. Black n Tan
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. Mudd
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced

Swap Reserves
1. heyhey
2. Masters Brewery

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1. heyhey
2. Masters Brewery

Cubists
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
5.Grainer
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10. Mudd
11. Reardo
12. Mayor of Mildura
13. Awesome Fury
14. MartinOC
15 Micbrew
16 JB
18. Curly79
19. Black n Tan
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. Mudd
23. GrumpyPaul
24. Kunfaced

Reserve Cubists
1. Masters brewery

Just put down my brew, cream lager. Will be lagering until June and will be dry hopped a week prior to bottling.

kunfaced said:
Just put down my brew, cream lager. Will be lagering until June and will be dry hopped a week prior to bottling.
Martin will like this.. ale or lager?

Martin does not like this. :icon_vomit:

Martin cannot be held responsible for others' poor decisions. -_-

Martin is a bit of a stylistic purist, anally retentive & ferociously opinionated (in the nicest possible way... :ph34r: ).

Martin should shut the **** up every once in awhile & let others get on with their own beery experiments.... :beerbang:

MartinOC said:

Martin is a bit of a stylistic purist, anally retentive & ferociously opinionated (in the nicest possible way... :ph34r: ).

Martin should shut the **** up every once in awhile & let others get on with their own beery experiments.... :beerbang:
LMAO .. thought you would like it !

MartinOC said:

I'll prime your bottle with cow semen to make it legit

kunfaced said:
I'll prime your bottle with cow semen to make it legit
See, you can't even get THAT right! It's STAG semen, man!!! ...STAG semen!!!! :wacko:

Pft...! :rolleyes:

It looks like Patto and I were added to this list by mistake. I have update the list now.

Swap Guidelines

Swapping

Swap beer is bottled in PET bottles (this is for everyone's safety)
Swap beer should be either a.) a tried and tested recipe, or b.) something you have brewed for the first time and enjoy
Provide enough for all the swappers and an additional for the host (optional provide the rest of the case for the host)
Clearly label your crate and bottles with your swap number
​It is etiquette to provide at least 4 weeks notice if you are unable to provide your swap beer (this is to give those on the reserve list a chance to brew). To this end please list the details of your swap beer at least 4 weeks prior to the day (If you do not and do not respond to a PM, your spot may be given away).

Cubing

20 litre cubes (if you don't have one, please invest as it is unfair on a.) people filling from the kettle to be faffing about half-filling oversized cubes, and b.) on the other cubers if your extra cube volume does in fact get filled).
Bring your cube labelled, rinsed and sanitised
It's your brew too, so wear the right gear so you can help out where you can and don't forget to offer
Collaboration brew days are about being present, be there ideally throughout the brew, not just at cube collection time

People List

Attendees (Swappers)

1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
5. Grainer
6. Nullnvoid
7. DJ_L3THAL
8. Mofox1
9. VP Brewing
10 Mudd