Vic 2016 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrumpyPaul said:
A question of swap meet protocol for you all????

Whats the general view on non attendees grabbing a cube?
My opinion is, if you want a cube you need to attend.

Others will say "give everyone a cube whether they attend or not :wub:", but in my opinion this isn't really fair on those that are doing the brew. The extra cubes go to those that want to chip in an additional share on the day. In my opinion this is the fairest way.

It takes a lot of logistical and physical effort on the day to do the brew and it is nice to see the spoils go to those that are there and contribute to the swap.

GrumpyPaul said:
I dont want someone that does attend and will be involved in the brew to miss out on a cube.

So my question is should I remove myself of the cubers list and let a reserve cubist move up a spot?
Since there are reserves, I would suggest remove yourself for now. Particularly given you are doubtful to attend.

Priority for cubes I have seen in the past is:
  1. The cubers list
  2. The cubers reserves
  3. Anyone else in attendance that wants a cube and/or an additional cube
  4. Those that aren't in attendance that have given people money to someone just in case there is a spare one available

I believe if you've put your name on the cubist list your expected to attend and help out on the day, only fair really. now if commbank would only let me pay, I'd be happy!! 3rd time lucky maybe?

Do what Jobe would do.

If I can't make it for the entire day and help out with the brew, then I'm happy to give my place to a reserve. I'll confirm shortly.

I'm out guys, sorry for the late notice. I haven't been on AHB or brewed for a long time.
Can someone update list
Mudd

I'll be there from the morning until mid afternoon. So depending on progress may or may not be there until end of brew but happy to assist for the time I'm there, no salad. Can I retain my cube spot? Don't wanna upset any keen contenders...

I'll remove myself from the cube list. I won't be able to make it for this one unfortunately. Definitely need to get off my arse and brew to fill the kegs up (and to the point where I can participate in a swap again!). Picking up my offset smoker on the weekend and I'll need some beer to go along with all the delicious food I'll be cooking on it this summer.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I'll be there from the morning until mid afternoon.
I'm sure you will be true to form and passed out on a chair holding a glass at 3am speaking gibberish...

DJ_L3ThAL said:
So depending on progress may or may not be there until end of brew but happy to assist for the time I'm there, no salad. Can I retain my cube spot? Don't wanna upset any keen contenders...
Of course mate.

I don't have a face to a username for everyone at the swap, but I'm pretty sure I remember you DJ and you had the swaggers BIG TIME at about 9 PM but kicked on hard. If Wayne's bar wasn't there I don't know how you would have kept yourself propped up. The next day when my wife asked about everyone's form I said something along the lines of "well we certainly weren't sober because we'd been drinking strong beers all day, but there was this one bloke..."

I hope your not confusing me with the flasher?! Hahaha. I ate the habanero... if that's who you were thinking of I deny everything... [emoji12]

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Haha, I'll bring a plastic cup [emoji33]
Cheers!
DJ_L3ThAL said:
I hope your not confusing me with the flasher?! Hahaha. I ate the habanero... if that's who you were thinking of I deny everything... [emoji12]

Bahaha.

Cancel your other plans.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Dunno which should be your next album title - “1 DJ, 1 cup" or 'The Chilli King'

Perfect name for the album, 'Chilli Flow'. Incorporates best of both options JB mentioned [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Latest posts

Back