Vb Served At The Wrong Temp?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul

Reaction score
Saw this in the paper today http://www.theaustralian.com.au/media/mark...f-1226187104747

Apparently people are serving VB at the incorrect temperature. It needs to be served ice cold for the true flavours to shine through.

I really like the comment by the 29 y/o male hair dresser... 'I have drunk it, but VB is basically seen as a bogan beer, You really wouldn't buy one unless you had to'. The male hair dressers sister doesn't like it either. Seems like someone laying shit on VB, but maybe its clever marketing. ie "Real" men drink VB, pussies drink different beer.

Saw this in the paper today http://www.theaustralian.com.au/media/mark...f-1226187104747

Apparently people are serving VB at the incorrect temperature. It needs to be served ice cold for the true flavours to shine through.

I really like the comment by the 29 y/o male hair dresser... 'I have drunk it, but VB is basically seen as a bogan beer, You really wouldn't buy one unless you had to'. The male hair dressers sister doesn't like it either. Seems like someone laying shit on VB, but maybe its clever marketing. ie "Real" men drink VB, pussies drink different beer.

Marketing setup for sure. Surrey Hills / Hairdressers / checkout the surname.

P.S. Great effort on Saturday ekul I enjoyed segment immensley

Lolz. I am all for the removal of VB from the face of this earth. In any form that may occur.

I have snail and slug traps in my vegy patch. Even they won't drink VB. :icon_vomit:

Half hour ago i was halfway through cleaning a keg that blew last night, the missus comes in with her phone and says: "i think you might want to read this".

Fave part is spending 5million on "educating"(read: blindfolding) the masses on how to properly chill and serve VB.

My comment back to the wife:

"they're only doing that so that they can 'educate' everyone on how to mask all the fucked 'flavours' in it"....

Having said that, good that the micros/crafties are making some in roads in the market place.

"Scientifically, if something is cold you actually taste it less," he said. "You can drink any yellow liquid if it's cold enough. So it's true that it should be cold, but you should be able to taste a lager a bit as it warms up."

Wow, a rave review there...

Try to tell the same thing to my brother. He says VB is awesome out of a can but when it comes to a pub is gotta be Carlton Draught :blink: . I feel sorry for him.

"they're only doing that so that they can 'educate' everyone on how to mask all the fucked 'flavours' in it"....

"Scientifically, if something is cold you actually taste it less," he said. "You can drink any yellow liquid if it's cold enough. So it's true that it should be cold, but you should be able to taste a lager a bit as it warms up."

Wow, a rave review there...
Bear Grylls is famous of drinking his own "yellow liquid", I wonder if he's considered chilling it.

Wait what??

"They" spent $5mil doing up a flyer showing a temperature dial and pointing to the "cold" bit, telling people how to throw a keg in the fridge and waiting until it's "cold enough"...

And that cost $5mil??

**** me, I'm in the wrong game... I need to be a "training provider" for a brewery!

Sometimes its never cold enough I tried freezing TUSKA still crap.
sav

Frozen beer would've been a nice treat in Vanuatu

Latest posts

Back