Vb Champion Beer Of Show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four 4.6% VB cans disappeared down my throat last night while I cooled off in the pool. After 5 hours of cricket in that heat and humidity, I was hardly reaching for a hop bomb/Belgian/malty beer. VB and other megaswill on occasion are perfectly fine.

I agree. As long as you are quite drunk, the VB is at 1C, it's still in a can so you can't smell it, and you are in a happy mood VB will get you drunk and exercise your kidneys perfectly. We all know you pissed in the pool - it's what VB drinkers do.

4x4 loaded up with VB tinnies in the Engel fridge is part of all my camping trips, no way im fukin around with home brew when I can buy 2x 30packs and fit 59cans into a 45ltr Engel fridge at a constant 2degree's. Pefectly good beer when really cold on a hot summers day.

Alot better then XXXXGold or XXXXBitter, next choice after the VB tinnies would have to be the Tooheys New.

As for buying it to sit in the beer fridge at home and drink mid week, well No, thats just silly....

Shaun...

I agree. As long as you are quite drunk, the VB is at 1C, it's still in a can so you can't smell it, and you are in a happy mood VB will get you drunk and exercise your kidneys perfectly. We all know you pissed in the pool - it's what VB drinkers do.
I just can't bring myself to drink VB, in a can, stubby, or on tap. However, occasionally I settle into the pub at lunch time on a Friday with a couple of blokes at work that never, ever, ever drink anything but Carlton Draught. I know i'm going to be there 5 hours minimum....and they moan and bitch when I ask for a Fat Yak, LCPA, WRDA etc. I know...I could stop drinking with them...but I do enjoy a good session once in a while. So the last few times i've given up and just drunk Carlton Draught with 'em, and as much as I hate to admit it, it's bloody easy to drink as a long session beer.

BUT...I won't have it in my fridge at home dammit. Life is too short for megaswill Aussie lager.

I didnt even read the OP properly.

VB being voted above XXXXGold and XXXXBitter in QLD, Beautifull...

Copy pasta from Linky linkster

"Meanwhile the iconic Victoria Bitter (VB) was awarded the Cryermalt Australia Champion Queensland Beer of Show  giving the southern counterpart bragging rights north of the border.

Mr Chant said due to VB being brewed in Queensland it was eligible to win the award and richly deserved to."

;)

Four 4.6% VB cans disappeared down my throat last night while I cooled off in the pool. After 5 hours of cricket in that heat and humidity, I was hardly reaching for a hop bomb/Belgian/malty beer. VB and other megaswill on occasion are perfectly fine.

I need the "like" button Josh, it does has its place
Stinking hot here in Brisvagas, my Mexican Cerveza is hitting the spot..

I wonder how many people who put sh!t on VB and other megaswill beers used to be one time swillers of the megaswill beers. I know I was.

It wasn't until my first foray into home brewing, about 8 years ago, that I discovered alternative beer styles and I realised that we had been duped into thinking things like "the best cold beer is Vic", which should actually be "the worst beer is vic, unless served so freaking icy cold that you can't tell that it tastes like shite"

Once exposed to different beer styles my mind opened to what was out there, so much so that now whenever I buy beer from Dans or wherever I don't for one nanosecond even consider buying a mega.

Who gives a shit what it tastes like anyway? Sometimes you just want to slam them down and forget how much you hate your friends/life.

You can stick bad beer are your arse - regardless of weather/social context.

I just can't bring myself to drink VB, in a can, stubby, or on tap. However, occasionally I settle into the pub at lunch time on a Friday with a couple of blokes at work that never, ever, ever drink anything but Carlton Draught. I know i'm going to be there 5 hours minimum....and they moan and bitch when I ask for a Fat Yak, LCPA, WRDA etc. I know...I could stop drinking with them...but I do enjoy a good session once in a while. So the last few times i've given up and just drunk Carlton Draught with 'em, and as much as I hate to admit it, it's bloody easy to drink as a long session beer.

BUT...I won't have it in my fridge at home dammit. Life is too short for megaswill Aussie lager.

Carnie, show them the light, after the initial writhing and nashing of teeth, they will eventually thank you for it,

I had 1 pot of CD on the way home from 5 hours fishing in the heat
**** it was Horrible

We all know you pissed in the pool - it's what VB drinkers do.

I resemble that remark.

I will add, I didn't buy the tinnies. They were leftovers from a work football game a few months back. Had been sitting in the bottom of my closet until I found them the other day.

But I have no problem buying a 30-pack of New cans when the time is right.

Who gives a shit what it tastes like anyway? Sometimes you just want to slam them down and forget how much you hate your friends/life.

You can stick bad beer are your arse - regardless of weather/social context.
This. You can add extended family, the fact it's one of the few cold things on a hot day and it's free\cheap.

Back