Usps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxt

Geer bod
Reaction score
I am getting a mill sent from the US, but I have just found out from the neighbours that our street often does not come up on courier's files (even though it's been here 15 years).

I have the USPS tracking info which says it cleared customs last week, but I want to make sure that it does not get sent back if they can't find the address. Does anyone know if USPS uses a courier company or Australia Post once it hits the country?

It's hit or miss, as to who is used, once the parcel is in AUS (Auspost, or courier) and it may well be up to Auspost to subcontract out delivery to courier, based on their load.

Received 2 USPS parcels this month - the first was from AusPost, the 2nd delivered by courier.

If you ring AusPost with your tracking #, they can better advise and transfer you to international tracking (where they can even see if it's been pushed to Courier, if it's on his truck, etc.). I find the AusPost online tracking here woeful, but give it a shot, plugging in your USPS tracking code without spaces.

Lately, I've been sending parcels "guaranteed delivery" 5-7 business days.. it's a touch more in cost (difference of $15 on a sub-$100 parcel) but you do get a full refund if it's outside of the guaranteed date. I recently received a full $177 refund on a parcel which was 1 week late, where eventually it was determined the box went to Singapore.

Best of luck
reVox

Back