Using Mains Gas With A 3 Ring Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEM Australia

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with running a cast iron 3 ring burner off mains gas (natural gas). We have gas hot water and gas cooking and there is a gas outlet on the back patio which I assume is meant for a BBQ. I was going to buy a 3 ring burner but the label said "only use propane gas".

JEM

Can't say I have done it but I thought about it a while ago and decided I couldn't be bothered. I would go down the path of buying a burner that is meant for natural gas rather than trying to convert a 3 ring if that is even possible. Look for nasa burners on here and the same mobs that sell them should offer a good nat gas one.

the main thing that stopped me was thinking about what whoudl happen if the tube from the wall to the burner caught fire :ph34r: I would certainly be tubing a good length of it in copper as a bit of insurance!

Of course I have the same problem with a propane cylinder! One day I will buy one of those gas fuses :)

Latest posts

Back