Used/empty Grain Sacks.....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domonsura

Beer stuff maker
Reaction score
Hey I have a little project I want to do, and it will require as many empty malt sacks (any brand) as I can get hold of, if anyone has these lying around and doesn't want them can you shoot me an email and I'll take them off your hands :)

EDIT: PS - probably only applies to those in Adelaide :)

I have 1.5 sacks if you are willing to pick-up.. :D

Would love top deliver, but that sort of trip with the kids in the care would result in some sort of death :rolleyes:

You trying to build a cubby house? I thought Cartmans cubby was poorly built but this is a new low bad cubby house design. :lol:

Hey I have a little project I want to do, and it will require as many empty malt sacks (any brand) as I can get hold of, if anyone has these lying around and doesn't want them can you shoot me an email and I'll take them off your hands :)

EDIT: PS - probably only applies to those in Adelaide :)

Lemme see

Wallpaper the bar in Sacks.
A sack race at the local school .
you have always wanted the sack but the boss would never give to you !
a sack fetish .
you collect weivils .
Your a sacks maniac.
you really are Santa .
For sacks appeal .
stylish pillow cases for a beer nut .
you just want the free air inside them .

Oh I give up

pumpy :)

Bummer, I have about 200 of them sitting here.
cheers
Gerard

I threw out a dozen about two weekends ago whilst cleaning up the shed.

Doc

I just threw one out.

On a side note - what's the easiest and best way to open Bairds' bags? I've been struggling with scissors cutting multiple places on the strings to get the damn things open. I remember in the past pulling a red string on a bag of malt (from a supplier I can't remember now) which made opening it up a cinch.

just opened a MO bag. same as Weyermann bags. start from left to right with the writing facing you. cut just next to the bags and pull the threads.

Domonsura we brewed on the weekend, so have 30-40 at least lying around waiting for bin day.
Give us a call if you want them - we can put them aside for you. Goolwa 85553406 10-5pm ask for Gareth.
Hell, we'll even shout you a beer or two if you pick them up!
Cheers
Gareth

On a side note - what's the easiest and best way to open Bairds' bags? I've been struggling with scissors cutting multiple places on the strings to get the damn things open. I remember in the past pulling a red string on a bag of malt (from a supplier I can't remember now) which made opening it up a cinch.

I guess this should have been covered in one of the "How to brew in a bag" topics, as first you have to get grain out of the bag. It is pretty simple. There is always one end of the string that is shorter than the other. It is the shorter end that you need to get the bag opened easily. You can chop it with some scissors or show a little patience and a simple tug on the string will get the job done.

cheers
Gerard

Domonsura we brewed on the weekend, so have 30-40 at least lying around waiting for bin day.
Give us a call if you want them - we can put them aside for you. Goolwa 85553406 10-5pm ask for Gareth.
Hell, we'll even shout you a beer or two if you pick them up!
Cheers
Gareth

Thanks Gareth, I'll give you a call tomorrow and organise to come for a drive (yay, an excuse to head out there!!! :) )

awwww cant you tell we are all hanging to know what this "project" is!!!

let me guess?

your............ making a patchwork quilt with all the different brands of malt to hang over the bed. ?

close?

Keep going, you're all giving me ideas!!! (except the undies one maybe...)
I have to keep something secret! But all will be revealed in time.......

Keep going, you're all giving me ideas!!! (except the undies one maybe...)
I have to keep something secret! But all will be revealed in time.......

Make sure to have a couple of those yummy IPA's whilst down there.

You are either planning a big art installation of a brew related nature or you've got a tandem load of "hot" malt to be bagged and shifted to all us adelaide based brewers!(or your just a weirdo with a bag fetish) ;)

ahhhhhhh you bought a couple of bulka bags and your filling them all for us for free with free postage.

I knew it.

Your a legend :)

thanks.

PS, i will have a bag of german pilsner malt thanks

:)

cheers

Latest posts

Back