Usa Brewing Goodies?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
I know there was a similar thread on this topic a while ago from another brewer... cant for the life of me find it.... Grrrrrr...

Anyway my mate is heading to the States in a months time for a Holiday, and I was hoping he could bring me back something brewery related for me if feasible.

I already have:

3 Vessel, 2 Teir brewery (Gravity/Buckets!)
PH meter
Refractometer
Thermometers
Keg Fridge
Fermenting Fridge
Taps
Scales
plus other bits and bobs...

So whats left on the wish list... (that I can think of right now...)

HERMS one day (.... yeah right!)
Temp controller for fermenting fridge
March Pump
Beer Engine :icon_drool2:
Grain Mill

The Beer Engine would be luverly to have, but even in the States probably pricey...

What are your suggestions for my mate to get for me.
He is visiting relatives, so I could order something online and get him to bring it back if not too heavy...

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Grain Mill. Should be able to find a good deal, without a hopper etc, it shouldn't weight too much for a good mate to lug back for you.

Cheers SJ

grain mill
pH meter
anything that would otherwise cost a fortune in shipping costs

That was what I was thinking too SJ. I know Murcluf got one recently and he loves it.

Edit - it was Murcluf (not Crundle.... whoops!)

Personally, I'd get yourself a fridgemate locally and ask your mate to bring you back a few kilo of delicious craft beer.

cheers

grant

Grain mill or pump, maybe both? :D

Both awesome to have.... and probably a good fit in a suitcase.

Personally, I'd get yourself a fridgemate locally and ask your mate to bring you back a few kilo of delicious craft beer.

cheers

grant

I agree with Grant here but I would also get him to get a couple of kg's of american hop pellets are well.

This is what i would do and if he has room a grain mill or just get him to post stuff back on USDS.

cheers

grant

+1

much easier to get someone to go to a booze outlet than some dingy HB shop

I am very happy with the mill I bought back here

Probably not as good as the local available one, but as far as $ for value, I am very happy.

I also bought a bunch of stainless bits and pieces from here and shipped them in preparation of the HERMS change over from my RIMS setup.

Other bits bought:

4-way CO2 manifold from MoreBeer
replacement racking cane tips
Some spider couplings for the mill and my automated mash stirrer
Two 25amp SSR's from Auberins
Two 1/4" NPT thermo couples from Auberins
20 meters of silicon hose
10 meters of 5/16" tubing for CO2
two boxes of Arturo Fuente cigars(not brewing related, but drinking related)

cheers

grant

Nice thought, but would consume is luggage allowance or get nicked by baggage handlers :)

Cannot carry that sort of stuff as carry-on any more. I made US$100 by taking a case of VB cans to another Aussie in the US once in the 90's, what was I thinking.

Temp controlled conical fermenter, or whatever you see on the morebeer.com website that strikes your fancy

How tall and heavy is Charlie Papazian?

He doesn't look that big.

Temp controlled conical fermenter, or whatever you see on the morebeer.com website that strikes your fancy

I like the sound of that.... may struggle to fit it into the suitcase though! :lol:

Back