U.s Exchange Rate Still Favourable.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back Yard Brewer

I HAVE A WIFE THAT UNDERSTANDS
Reaction score
Even with the U.S exchange rate at 90c it is still very favorable. Really wanted to wait as harvest 2010 has just started in the states which means 2010 pellets are not that far from being processed.
Not a Chinese hop amongst it :icon_vomit: :ph34r:

IMGP2725.JPG

Tempting... very tempting.

If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for shipping?

Tempting... very tempting.

If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for shipping?

What ever you can fit in the box (pictured) up to 20lbs for $55.95 U.S which includes registration and of course the sole right for Australian quarantine to have a rummage for anything prohibited. I had 7lb sent. At a guess you may fit a 11lb block of hops in it.

BYB

A picture like that is enough to make a man feel funny in his pants.

I had a thread somewhere about splitting the costs for shipping but for around AUD $120 you get 3 kg or so of hops (7 x 1lb varieties), if you want to go 1 variety then I think you can get 11 lbs in that box. There is a smaller box, that photo is possibly from hopsdirect.com

What ever you can fit in the box (pictured) up to 20lbs for $55.95 U.S which includes registration and of course the sole right for Australian quarantine to have a rummage for anything prohibited. I had 7lb sent. At a guess you may fit a 11lb block of hops in it.

BYB

If you dont mind me asking, who have you found to be the most reputable dealer in the USA for hops, and how does the price equate to here after postage is included.

Sorry just read the last post, (problem with trying to ask questions part way through a brew)

There are somethings that are better not posted here, and that's one of them.

Me speaking privately and not as a representative of AHB

Batz

If you dont mind me asking, who have you found to be the most reputable dealer in the USA for hops, and how does the price equate to here after postage is included.

A lot of variables come into play when you start talking exchange rates. Quite some time back I managed to land Amarillo at my door and also it was 08 crop and not 07 or 06 that was being sold in Australia. From memory it was as low as $45 aus compared with over $100 at retail here. I can't speak of Carla from Hops Direct highly enough. Efficient and no hassles. I have dealt with another wholesaler in the States but that can't be mentioned of. As Batz has stated somethings are best left that way.To many landmines to side step. Hops direct don't have every American hop because of the licensing of particular varieties.
The best freight price per kg I have managed to get was as low as $14 aus. Mind you I did order a little bit :rolleyes:
BYB

I have had pleasant experiences buying hops by the pound from the yankee doodles. My brother is currently over there for a while and I'm gunna scam him into bringing some back, but I already have big quantities of the varieties I need big amounts of, but I want to buy say 10 different quarter pounds. What's the best place for smaller quantities like that?

Looks like our order from Ellerslie earlier this year. The house smelled awesome after we split it all up. :D

Threads like this should never be posted here.

Latest posts

Back