Types Of Hp Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy

Reaction score
Ok, I'm finally going to get myself a new burner,

I just want to know how the ones from gameco compare to the ones from g&g in terms of performance, easy to use etc.

cheers in advance.

timmy said:
Ok, I'm finally going to get myself a new burner,

I just want to know how the ones from gameco compare to the ones from g&g in terms of performance, easy to use etc.

cheers in advance.
[post="71377"][/post]​
I have not seen the ones from Gameco but I own a NASA and it is a beast, if you purchase one you will not be dissapointed.

My NASA in action

Go the NASA burner.
I bought mine from Global Imports in Adelaide. It came with the braided gas line and HP regulator. It is awesome.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Go the NASA burner.
I bought mine from Global Imports in Adelaide. It came with the braided gas line and HP regulator. It is awesome.

Beers,
Doc
[post="71386"][/post]​

Hjc Global Imports in Adelaide? that burner looks like a bloody flame thrower!.....I know I'll need one when I get into AG :super:

I just received my NASA from G&G this week. All I can say is

AWESOME

Don't muck about with other burners, these things rock................

Cheers

so has anyone mounted a NASA on the back of their car yet for that batmobile effect? :)

timmy said:
has anyone tried the gameco version?
[post="71391"][/post]​
I have the gameco burner, see http://brewiki.org/BrewPotStand.

One thing the NASA guys have never been able to confirm for me, how far is the gas control knob from the centre of the burner? Someone mentioned they used welding gloves to operate it, there is no such problem with the gameco job. The pilot light is handy too.

Ive seen both in action.

1. nasa/g&g
- has a taller, more stable stand
- appears to output more heat thou a lot seemed to go up the sides of the kettle
- lacks a wind cover thingy ie on a windy day expect frequent flameouts
- the screw in gas valve appeared to be somewhat fragile & got very hot
- made in china
- may need a copper gas extension due to heat at valve (depends how risky u think)

2. gameco "wok style burner"
- smaller enclosed bowl type stand
- flame was not quite as generous as 1 but more blue
- good wind cover from bowl
- has a pilot light
- made in hong kong/china ?
- much better build quality. gas valve/control is much more solid than 1.
- better control of flame. valve doesnt not get as hot as 1.
- www.auscrown.com has details
- i have the one ring burner but a 2 ring is available
- gameco in sydney are very friendly to homebrewers & will demo their stuff.
- gameco dont advertise widely but rely on word of mouth

3. both
- both have same gas type fittings.
- both will burn the paint off their stands & you probably should do this before brewing !
- similar price, about $110 for burner & hp reg
- both burners can be unscrewed from their stands
- if using a keg, the chime will probably have a larger diameter than both. may need some external stand for reasonable flame. a flat kettle should be ok

if you want some pics, i might be able to get some on weekend, if i get time to brew :)

cheers

sosman said:
Someone mentioned they used welding gloves to operate it
[post="71429"][/post]​

Woozies :eek: I've been able to turn the knob with the thing running about an hour. It gets fairly hot, that said the knob turns freely and doesn't need to turn far between stop and flat out.

Forget the gloves. Real men use their manicured fingers. :lol: :blink:

Pic of burner with copper standoff pipe.

Warren -

DSC00505.JPG

On my NASA burner I do all the regulation on the regulator. I never have to touch the one on the stand.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
On my NASA burner I do all the regulation on the regulator. I never have to touch the one on the stand.

Beers,
Doc
[post="71453"][/post]​
Yes, same here. I did use a welding glove to get near enough but discovered there was no need as you can easily use the other one.
How many hours use do you NASA blokes get out of a 9KG gas bottle? I got a full one and it is already showing half empty on the fuse although I don't think they are that reliable.

Brizbrew said:
I got a full one and it is already showing half empty on the fuse although I don't think they are that reliable.
[post="71461"][/post]​

Briz.

Gas fuse guages are basically useless. They have 3 positions. Full, half and empty and nothing in between. Best remedy is to have a second gas bottle on standby.

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Brizbrew said:
I got a full one and it is already showing half empty on the fuse although I don't think they are that reliable.
[post="71461"][/post]​

Briz.

Gas fuse guages are basically useless. They have 3 positions. Full, half and empty and nothing in between. Best remedy is to have a second gas bottle on standby.

Warren -
[post="71462"][/post]​
Useless for measuring gas you mean, they do have another important use. :ph34r:
I am toying with the idea of getting a second bottle on standby so maybe this is the way to go. I have read the stories of people running out mid boil, must be a nightmare!

Here are some of the prices

Gameco
55MJ/Hr bruner $89.90
reg $28.60
hose $13.50

The guys at Auscrown are rining me back with prices for the 55 and 82.5 MJ/Hr burners.

Could someone post the prices for the nasa burner, stand, reg and hose.

Cheers

Prices at Grain and Grape.

Outdoor burner $49.95

Hose and Regulator to suit $59.95

Warren -

Auscrown ... well actually their Brisbane distributor

RH31LT - 55MJ/Hr Burner $55.75 + GST
HP200 - 82.5MJ/Hr Burner $63.70 + GST out of stock and are currently changing to a new model and couldnt tell me when they would be in.

Reg $16.50 + GST
Rubber hose about $10 + GST
SS Hose about $20 + GST

For this price I would really like to get the 82MJ burner but I havent seen anyone using one that large...any disadvantages?

For the Brisbane brewers Auscrowns Brisbane distributor is

C.E.M International Pty Ltd

Southpark Complex, Unit A5, 10 Compton Rd Underwood QLD 4119
ph: (07) 3208 2788 L.P. Gas & Natural Gas Equipment & Service

The nasa from Globe? imports in SA.
Burner including stand $30
High Pressure reg $60
Braided gas hose line $34
Plus about $15 postage.

johnno

Nice feedback!

Does anyone know the MJ/Hr rating of the Nasa?

Back