Types Of Hp Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I can get a reg for cost price (not from DACAPS), so even if they are a bit more expensive on the burner, all up i should get it for a reasonable price.

Just finalising the details now. the cost of the burner is $75, unsure of the hose and reg yet. Hopefully i should have it all by the weekend. ALso organising another tap for my kettle. Going to use my old kettle which was a 50L SS pot as the HLT and convert a Keg for my new kettle.

In my local Barbeques Galore today and found they had the Austcrown HPA-100LP 126.9MJ "Rambo" burner ...

HPA100.gif

I paid $145 for complete setup ...burner, braided hose and hp regulator :super:

haven't told the missus yet :ph34r:

In my local Barbeques Galore today and found they had the Austcrown HPA-100LP 126.9MJ "Rambo" burner ...

Someones been telling you porkies, I have an auscrown catalog here and it states 50 MJ/hr not 129.6MJ/hr :excl: :(

Damn, I've seen it advertised for 130 too...

Someones been telling you porkies, I have an auscrown catalog here and it states 50 MJ/hr not 129.6MJ/hr :excl: :(

Included with purchase was "operating instructions" and "specifications" brochure which gives the "Heat Capacity" as 126.9 MJ/HR ...

...regardless of the stated output, when the salesman cranked it up for me out the back, I knew it would be more than sufficient ...HOT and LOUD !! :super: ;)

No it's true.

They are rated at 126.5mJ/hr at 80 kpa. The mix up is from another model with the same size body with a pilot light.

If you compare the holes on the ring where the gas comes out you'll see a huge difference.

Side by side with a nasa, the flame size and noise are pretty much the same.

Auscrown

I picked up the RH31LT with reg and hose for about $85 from their Brisbane distributor. If anyone is going to buy one these burners give auscrown a ring and find the closest distributor to you.

Latest posts

Back