Types Of Hp Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I'm a fridgey and that's my fix to every thing. :p

If blue tip sweats off them I'll try brown tip or ribbon.

Jye said:
Give Auscrown a call and find out where their closest distributor is, they are allot cheaper.
[post="71978"][/post]​

Got an email from auscrown saying that Gameco are their Sydney distributors.

Gameco rang me, telling me that the best burner they had for homebrewing was a 100mj/hr burner with a 2-15psi reg. This isn't on their website but the discount is quite good.

They will supply the reg, burner and stand for $115 if you say you're a home brewer.

this burner also has a pilot light and from the info given is preety close in specs to the nasa version, although the nasa is a beast!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like the same burner as sosman's but with a bigger reg. They too also offered me a dem of the said unit.

Hi all,
I bought a burner from Big W for under $20. It is 10000 plus BTU.
Its one of those types that screws on directly to the gas bottle, no need for a regulator. I havent used it yet, need to buy an adopter to suit my gas bottle.
At the moment I am boiling on the kitchen stove. Does anyone know how many BTU an average stove is? Is this burner powerfull enough to boil 30lt of wort?

arthur said:
Hi all,
I bought a burner from Big W for under $20. It is 10000 plus BTU.
Its one of those types that screws on directly to the gas bottle, no need for a regulator. I havent used it yet, need to buy an adopter to suit my gas bottle.
At the moment I am boiling on the kitchen stove. Does anyone know how many BTU an average stove is? Is this burner powerfull enough to boil 30lt of wort?
[post="72719"][/post]​

I doubt it. you'll need a fair bit more to boil that.

timmy said:
Ok, one more question!

does anyone here have silver soldered fittings on their kettle with these burners?

Seeing as I've given up all acces to a TIG welder I'm left with just an oxy set and silver solder.

If no one has tried it then i'll just do a dummy run and try to sweat some solder on it.
[post="72423"][/post]​

Hi Timmy,
With the "Nasa" on "full noise" under my stainless steel HLT with 40 litres inside I have had the bottom support base of the keg glowing red hot.
I would not be trusting silver solder under these conditions.
I use weldless bulkhead fittings.
Cheers

100mj/hr burner
:blink: :blink: :blink:

It must be an absolute beast.... the 55MJ/hr burner takes about 30 min to heat the HLT but about 10 min to boil the wort from the MLT. This thing is going to vaporise the wort :D

Nice find.

Ok, bringing an old thread back to life.

Went to Rays outdoors, THey have two models of NASA , the tall at $99 and a squat one at$79. Theses burners are the real deal. As posted before the reg is a problem. I noted the pressure as 50-150 mbar which puts the max press output just on par with my old bbq reg of 2.85psi. Which means its really a variable LP reg.

Otherwise the hose and burner are the same as the unit that put mankind on the moon. the thing is they wont sell the burner without the reg.

Went to gameco as well, the normal sales guy is on leave so not much info except th HP reg is about $60.

Just need to work out the cheapest way of getting a burner to me. T.A.B syndrome alive and well.

Timmy,
Order a NASA from grain and Grape. I had mine delivered a couple of weeks ago for $111 including postage to sydney.
It works a treat

I got a Gameco burner recently and it's great.

Apparently the LN size kegs fit perfectly on top of the frame around the burner. :ph34r: ;)

That's different to mine.

The burner itself looks the same but the frame is different.

I'll put up a pic of mine soon, my frame is a little more chunky.

But i'm sure the kegs sit in it in the same manner

I am in the process of gradually building up gear to have a crack at AG. I just got a price from DACAPS (Perth Auscrown Distributor) and nearly fell off my work seat and had to put in a compo claim :D . Expecting to pay a little more than the Briz Vegas price of $88.00 (due to freight charges) I was unpleasantly surprised at being quoted $124.00 for the same set up (RH31LT, MPR106 and hose).....As a life member of the TAB club I will have to look at alternatives.....

chillamacgilla73 said:
I am in the process of gradually building up gear to have a crack at AG. I just got a price from DACAPS (Perth Auscrown Distributor) and nearly fell off my work seat and had to put in a compo claim :D . Expecting to pay a little more than the Briz Vegas price of $88.00 (due to freight charges) I was unpleasantly surprised at being quoted $124.00 for the same set up (RH31LT, MPR106 and hose).....As a life member of the TAB club I will have to look at alternatives.....
[post="93266"][/post]​

Did you tell them you were using it for home brewing?

Yep. I let the fella know it's use from the outset but in fairness he did say he was paying extortionate rates for freight from the eastern states. What does a RH31LT weigh? If it's under 5KG, I can sort Airbags through work for around $15.00.

chillamacgilla73 said:
Yep. I let the fella know it's use from the outset but in fairness he did say he was paying extortionate rates for freight from the eastern states. What does a RH31LT weigh? If it's under 5KG, I can sort Airbags through work for around $15.00.
[post="93347"][/post]​

Chilla
How much for the burner on its own?? I have a suitable reg already that I use with the blowtorch but If I go to a bigger kettle I am not sure if the blowtorch will heat it evenly enough

Ausdb

The burner is $75.00 - 3 off due into DACAPS late next week(Late thurs/early fri). What size boils are you looking at going upto?

I tried to reinvent the wheel here and try a new burner. This little sucker puts out 200,000 btu and is a real thermal beast! It didnt come with a stand but I had a friend fabriacte somthing for me. I am not happy with this little sucker because the pot needs to be about 40 cm above the flame and the flame reacts to any bit of wind. I am going to take it back and get the gameco wok burner like Sosman got. Does anyone know anything about this type of burner?

Picture_024.jpg

I just got a NASA/turkey burner from Grain and Grape. :D They have just some in AND they have a 20% off sale at the moment. :D :D

Looking forward to lift off sometime next week. :lol:

Give them a ring if you are in the burner market. Should be about $100 all up including postage.

jimmyjack said:
... the gameco wok burner like Sosman got. Does anyone know anything about this type of burner?
[post="93371"][/post]​
Yeah I do. Use it all the time. I ended up making my own stand but you can use it out of the box.

Ok just got my new Nasa from G & G hooked it all up expecting at least double of the output of the borrowed turkey burner I have from an american friend. The flame kept going out and I couldnt get a constant pressure or anything like a powerful flame, Called John up he was more than willing to take the reg back and work through it. (Johns been great by the way) anyway a brain wave hits, I compare everything from the imported turkey burner to the newly purchased one. The jet that goes into the burner was remarkably smaller than the imported one. Took my smallest bit and drilled a slightly bigger hole in the jet! Bang that sucka took off, No problems what so ever. I am not advocating you guys do this but if you have a burner and it is not firing the way you thought it was at least you know it isnt the regulator, hose, burner etc.... If you are afraid of blowing yourself up then dont try this because I am not an expert but it worked. :super:

Cheers

JJ

Latest posts

Back