Types Of Hp Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the nasa is about 50MJ/Hr.

Does anyone know what the difference between the regs are?

Has anyone had any experience with a burner around the 80MJ range?

Some good info here - I'm a fellow Brisbane person about to buy a burner too...

M

Jye said:

Does anyone know what the difference between the regs are?

Has anyone had any experience with a burner around the 80MJ range?
[post="71582"][/post]​
I have no idea what the MJ/Hr is for the nasa burner. All I know is that I dont even need to turn it half way up.
There is more than enough flow from the reg.
I beleive chiller runs three burners from the one regulator from a previous post he made.

johnno

Ok,

Going off the G&G website, they say the nasa is 130 000 btu. this works out to be 137 MJ.

Doesn't quite sound right does it? Especially when the 2 ring auscrown version is only 89MJ.

It's a crazy world we live in.........................

not sure where I got that <_<
Looks like I will be putting my first brew day back while I get a burner from G&G ... 80MJ just doesnt seem all that much now :lol:

Jye said:
Looks like I will be putting my first brew day back while I get a burner from G&G ... 80MJ just doesnt seem all that much now :lol:
[post="71670"][/post]​
Go with whatever takes your fancy. I have the 55MJ gameco version and I don't ever have it flat out.

I first used it with the "stand" that it came with but then made one of these:
BrewStand.jpg

Any chance of some pics with it fired up?

and how long does it take to boil 30L of water from room temp?

Cheers

sosman said:
Jye said:
[post="71670"][/post]​
Go with whatever takes your fancy. I have the 55MJ gameco version and I don't ever have it flat out.

I first used it with the "stand" that it came with but then made one of these:
BrewStand.jpg

[post="71697"][/post]​
And after seeing sosman's burner in action I do agree that its a really good burner.
If you can build a stand yourself this one is probably a bit better than the nasa.
I got the nasa because its easier for me as I could not build a stand.
Any of the burners on this thread will more than do the job.

johnno

I think you're right , Johnno, they would all do the job well.

I'm actually pretty sceptical of the claimed 130 000 Btu/hr of the nasa on the G&G website, especially after seeing the output of 89 Mj on the two ring gameco one.

would like to know the time from sparge to boil with the gameco one.

timmy said:
would like to know the time from sparge to boil with the gameco one.
[post="71721"][/post]​
Well put it this way, I have to keep the heat well down so I don't boil the buggery from the first runnings before the sparge runnings go in.

Picked up my burner (the same as sosmans) from C.E.M this morning for a grand total of $88.50 which included the reg and hose. Just got the thing fired up and it took 35min to get a rolling boil for 35L at room temp, which from what I have read isnt to bad :)

Will post some pics tomorrow of how I have it mounted to the stand/keg.

Jye said:
Picked up my burner (the same as sosmans) from C.E.M this morning for a grand total of $88.50 which included the reg and hose. Just got the thing fired up and it took 35min to get a rolling boil for 35L at room temp, which from what I have read isnt to bad :)

[post="71876"][/post]​

Sounds perfect! Can you give me their address - I need to pick one up too!

Matt

Hey mobrien,

Unit A5, 10 Compton Rd
Underwood

They have a sign out the front saying something like we dont sell to the public only wholesale but I told the guy there I rang last week and got prices so he was nice enough to still sell one to me. Probably best to ring before hand and get a price, give them some warning youre coming. ;)

Does anyone else in Brissy want one? If they only sell wholesale, its probably better if we buy them all at once :D

Jye - can you give the model numbers and prices? for burner, reg and hose?

Thanks

Matt

Burner - RH31LT
Reg - MPR106 its nice and red :p
Hose - 1/4X1.0M this is a rubber hose, they do have ss.

the prices are some where earlier in the thread, the total came to $88

Jye said:

[post="71876"][/post]​

Was the burner running flat out? What was the noise like?

The price looks good.

Been surfing a few US camping sites, it seems a turkey burner can be anywhere from 30k btu to 150k btu's.

I might drop in to gameco one day soon.

Was the burner running flat out? What was the noise like?

Yep... the burner was going full blast and sounded like it was going to take off, I could hear it from inside with the door shut :D I've just taken some pics of it at night and will post them tomorrow.

I might drop in to gameco one day soon.

Give Auscrown a call and find out where their closest distributor is, they are allot cheaper.

Pics of the Auscrown / Gameco burner. The first is it on the lowest setting and the other it going flat out.

aDCP01875.JPGaDCP01877.JPG

Ok, one more question!

does anyone here have silver soldered fittings on their kettle with these burners?

Seeing as I've given up all acces to a TIG welder I'm left with just an oxy set and silver solder.

If no one has tried it then i'll just do a dummy run and try to sweat some solder on it.

If you are worried about the heat sweating off the fittings, why not use threaded tube and backing nuts?

Latest posts

Back