Types Of Hp Burners

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimmyjack said:
anyway a brain wave hits, I compare everything from the imported turkey burner to the newly purchased one. The jet that goes into the burner was remarkably smaller than the imported one. Took my smallest bit and drilled a slightly bigger hole in the jet! Bang that sucka took off, No problems what so ever.
JJ
[post="95127"][/post]​

You are a much braver man than I am.

johnno

Finally got my burner

The hp100lp "Rambo" single ring from gameco.

Piezo electric lighter, 126mj rating @80kpa. With my $30 0-4bar reg from ebay i got 27 lres of tap water to the boil in just over 15 mins.

The neighbours heard it alright. Wasn't very popular when the paint fumes came out!

timmy said:
Finally got my burner

The hp100lp "Rambo" single ring from gameco.

Piezo electric lighter, 126mj rating @80kpa. With my $30 0-4bar reg from ebay i got 27 lres of tap water to the boil in just over 15 mins.

The neighbours heard it alright. Wasn't very popular when the paint fumes came out!
[post="96192"][/post]​

How much did this whole setup set you back?

Thanks

Will

$38 for the reg delivered from melb, $79 for the burner and 2m hose.

The burner has a 12 mth warranty.

What i love is the cool to touch knob to ignite and control the flame.

Basic question. Where do you get the gas bottles for these burners? Are they the same as the ones I connect to my bbq?

The very same. :)

Just need a different regulator for the high pressure models. ;)

Warren -

Just received my NASA burner from G&G, only $91 including freight. :D

Now I'm wondering where is a cheap place to get gas bottles from in Sydney. Any suggestions gratefully received? (within reason anyway :unsure: )

The usual price for a 9kg bottle is about $37. about $20 to fill it. bunnings mascot had bottles for $26 2 weeks ago, thou could have been a typo, as it changed within a week or so when i visited next. bbq places & the usual big*mart places also have them.

This is most useful for Perth folks.

I'm buying an Auscrown HP100 setup using mail order from Brisbane for cheep prices.

Or if they don't have stock an RH31LT.

If you want to chime in on my order, and save yourself bucks on shipping, please let me know.

Single order of an RH31LT including a higher cap regulator & stainless steel 2m hose was $130 incl. GST and shipping to Perth.

The more we buy the cheaper it is. Order will be placed on Monday 12th December.

Ok has any one tried the mongolian burners that G&G sell. Run on normal preasure but put ont the same heat. I have a Nasa thanks to global but got a diferent reg, sort of the same one that is on the model that rays out doors sell. all up burner and reg cost $50 but not to happy with the heat it puts out so this line has been interesting.

Im guessing the reg is not as good as the one that is sold through global.

Thanks for the info Redbeard. Got the bottle at Bunnings. Sold me the bottle, charged me for the gas, then found out they were out of gas. All sorted now. First time NASA users, remember to fire it up in an open space, unless you like the smell of burning paint.

Stuster said:
First time NASA users, remember to fire it up in an open space, unless you like the smell of burning paint.
[post="96943"][/post]​

I would hope people are firing them up in open spaces regardless.

Time for me to upgrade to AG

coupla questions on the burners.

1. How indicative is the mj/hr rating. Eg Auscrown have a number of burners that put out more than the RH31LT 55mj, including a 4 ring.

The reason I ask is my best mates old man has a massive business selling equipment to the oil and gas and mining industry, from Hummers, to drill parts and flanges, to cleaning equipment and general hardware. I am sure he will sell burners just not sure what types. Should be able to build my whole AG setup from his warehouse.

2. My SS Kettle has only a very thin bottom, how will this go against a HP burner. It is fine with my current burner (provided it has liquid in it), which takes about 1hr to boil 30L water from room temp with the lid on. I am using one of those old portable round BBQ burners.

My pot and current burner.

pot.JPG

cubbie said:
2. My SS Kettle has only a very thin bottom, how will this go against a HP burner. It is fine with my current burner (provided it has liquid in it), which takes about 1hr to boil 30L water from room temp with the lid on. I am using one of those old portable round BBQ burners.

My pot and current burner.
[post="101874"][/post]​
You should be able to do much better than 1 hr for 30L with any kind of HP burner. Also the thin bottom I would have thought was ok with liquid in it.

I found the ratings contradict each other a bit.

The HP100LP rambo burner I have is 50mj/hr in the catalogue but the papers that came with it say its good for 125mj/hr @80kpa.

Anyone help me on the best place to get a HP burner in Perth.

DACAPS are the distributer for Auscrown model RH31LT HP burner
phone 93586033

Yep i called them and they are posting me a brosure, will get it tomorrow. Do you have any idea of the price?

Is this the only option. The camping stores here don't seem to have any suitable burners.

Look at about $79 for the burner, $10 for the hose and about $50 for the reg. They might do it a bit cheaper if you say it's for homebrewing.

Latest posts

Back