"two Way" Tap?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
As part of my evil plan to make a single vessel recirculating system, I'm going to replace my Birko Urn tap with a regular ball valve tap. Does anyone know if a tap is available that does the same sort of job as the (smaller size) one that comes with the Counter Pressure Bottle Fillers?

In other words:

Blue handle in central position = everything off
Blue handle in left position = wort out of urn is directed to a left hand tube going to a March Pump
Blue handle in right position = wort out of urn is directed to a right hand tube going to Chiller / Cube.

I'm a plumbing virgin but I see there's nothing like it offered by sponsors. I'd been thinking of using just a standard ball valve tap going to the March Pump and using the output of the pump to fill the cube as well (or go to a plate chiller if I ever get one). However there are going to be occasions when I won't be recirculating and just doing a straight BIAB brew with the trusty Gryphon bag, and just looking to gravity drain the wort.

Any plumbing advice appreciated. :icon_cheers:

yep, a 3 way tap is the way.

They come in s/s or brass. The link razz has them, but any local plumbing shop should also have them. Also a s/s one would probably be cheaper from a s/s supplier.

Thanks guys, Kev you'll have to come down for a brew day when the Bri-Bot gets its first workout :icon_drunk:
We will have spare single room and also 4 doors away from the Bribie Island Hotel Motel - I'll probably end up sleeping there myself if I get too bad on the day :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys, Kev you'll have to come down for a brew day when the Bri-Bot gets its first workout :icon_drunk:
We will have spare single room and also 4 doors away from the Bribie Island Hotel Motel - I'll probably end up sleeping there myself if I get too bad on the day :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a plan; be interesting to see how you go about it.

QldKev

Latest posts

Back